Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Love the JCW body work....

Hope you have been out stretching its legs?! An amazing chassis...JCW pipe and ECU remap are top of my Christmas list!

Enjoy...love the red....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah we've been out all day in it, such a nice car to be in, the interior and quality are immense, it's just a lovely environment.

The handling is fantastic, the ride is not as bad as I expected, some may find it a bit jarring but I ride a sports bike so anything short of that is comfort in my eyes haha..

It's surprisingly quick too, I test drove one and did give it some beans but of course you're limited when the salesman is next to you.. Having used it in various situations all day I'm really impressed with the performance.

And the looks grew on me the moment I saw it.. From the photos and video tour I was sent prior, I was kinda unsure about the dimensions, but when you see it in the flesh and can move around it and look at different angles, it all goes together so well.

I've got loads of looks in it so far, I'm guessing it's one of the first in this spec so not many around yet.

And I have to mention the dealership - Sytner Sutton Coldfield, they've been absolutely fantastic throughout, really can't fault their customer service.

I'm chuffed to bits :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Very nice, I am currently driving 2007 red MCS with full aero kit. And ordered the f56 just le yours except white silver....even have the same alloys... So excited.

Have you got the variable damper and harmon kardon? Just wondering what they are like.

Anyway stunning ride you have there

·
Registered
441 Posts
Love it!! That's the kit and wheels Junior will have - just in VO (and a cooper not an S)...

Can't wait!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers guys, it's been great so far, had an amazing drive home today round the B-roads - autumn leaves blowing off the trees, perfectly cambered bends, Sport Mode on ;)

Very nice, I am currently driving 2007 red MCS with full aero kit. And ordered the f56 just le yours except white silver....even have the same alloys... So excited.

Have you got the variable damper and harmon kardon? Just wondering what they are like.

Anyway stunning ride you have there
Thanks, will look great in White Silver :)

I didn't go for Variable Dampers as I plan to fit aftermarket suspension next year, so thought I'd save money there.

I do have Harmon/Kardon though, and it's a superb system, very loud and clear, excellent bass when you need it. The whole media / connected system is fantastic to be honest!

·
Super Moderator
7,872 Posts
Now that is what I call a car. Absolutely perfect. Nice.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've been really slow with the photos guys, apologies!

I was out on my bike all weekend as the weather was great, then came home to clean the Mini tonight and it tipped it down!

Thanks for the comments though, still loving ownership :)

I've been parking in the visitor parking at work because the pitches are slightly bigger and it's less likely to get knocked.. Looked out the window this afternoon and I'd been sandwiched by a pair of Minis!!

Don't worry, they'd parked safely.. But there's 2 girls at my depot with Minis - a red R53 Cooper and a grey Countryman, looked pretty cool seeing the 3 lined up :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi. My mcs with jcw is coming in 10 days. Cant wait. One thing im going to do which ibthink you should, will improve the look of your car is gloss black the chrome ring round the front grill. Trust me

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi smithyithy, when you specc'ed your Cooper works MCS did you have to purchase both packs, when I configure mine at £1650 as an option in leu of chill pack on the MINI.co.uk web site which is fine,but when talking to the dealer yesterday you have to add the JCW exterior as well which doubles the price up is that correct.???????

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi dinger,

When u spec your new mini and add the jcw packs you have no option but to add them both. Mini only give you that option however, the jcw interior pack has everything the chilli pack has and a bit more.

Thus meaning you cant have the chilli pack with jcw exterior pack. Basically just select the jcw interior and exterior pack n it covers everything. Then add what ever else you need separately

·
Registered
441 Posts
I was in the exact same situation when ordering mine.

The website configurator is crap. There is a JCW Interior Pack at £2150 and JCW Exterior Pack at £2150. They both have to be ordered together.

The JCW Interior Pack on the configurator also adds the Exterior pack but doesn't advertise that fact nor display the extra cost... but it does correctly update the total price (top left corner).

Whilst the JCW packs together include everything you get with Chili, there are some things to bear in mind:

- Can't get Chrome Line Exterior with JCW
- Different wheels are available
- Bonnet stripes are free if you want them

·
Registered
441 Posts
Also, some leasing companies call the two JCW packs together the "Sport pack". Don't know why!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah it is a bit confusing, I think they've named the packs a bit weirdly.. I configured mine with the dealer and they seemed to know how to make it go together right :)

Hi. My mcs with jcw is coming in 10 days. Cant wait. One thing im going to do which ibthink you should, will improve the look of your car is gloss black the chrome ring round the front grill. Trust me
Yeah dude, I'm letting the car sink in with me still, if that makes sense, then I'll be looking into stuff like that.

I want to keep some chrome, because even with the more sporty JCW parts I think a bit of chrome keeps that touch of class and retro style that Mini's do well, and it would be a lot of work to de-chrome the whole car!

At the moment, I agree with you - I'm thinking of gloss black for the circular grille surround, then the horizontal grille bar above the number plate in Chilli Red? I've always liked the red strip on GTi VW's grilles, so it's kinda like that.

I'm also contemplating colour-coding the rear light surrounds, as because the rear lights are a fair bit bigger than the previous gen, the chrome ring sort of accentuates that a bit much I feel.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts