Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Probably not everyone's first choice, but I had the 16" victory spoke in silver, and am really glad that my mini dealer convinced me to go for them. This picture here doesn't really do them justice, their bulgy curves complement the rest of the car perfectly, and they are really easy to clean too! Ok, I now parallel park like a 90 year old, to avoid marking them, but the 16 inch rims mean I am less likely to hit the kerb, with their smaller diameter!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Probably not everyone's first choice, but I had the 16" victory spoke in silver, and am really glad that my mini dealer convinced me to go for them. This picture here doesn't really do them justice, their bulgy curves complement the rest of the car perfectly, and they are really easy to clean too! Ok, I now parallel park like a 90 year old, to avoid marking them, but the 16 inch rims mean I am less likely to hit the kerb, with their smaller diameter!
good to hear, at least you ended up going for a design that you came to like.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have 17" Tentacle Spokes in silver on my Cooper S VO.
(pics in my Garage) What body colour have you chosen @MAC99 & @Cloverfield?
IMO too many choose black rims on their VOs
Mine is Thunder grey with black roof, mirror caps and bonnet stripes.
Wheels left as silver.
After looking at all the colours (even getting driven around the dealers stock to check them out), I chose the same colour combo as the demo car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just picked up my new base cooper with 15's. Nice not to have runflats but the wheels are unflattering. Straight from a Hotwheels model.

·
Super Moderator
7,872 Posts
Black 17" cosmos,love them then after market 16" dezent td graphite for my winter tyres.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anyone know how easy or problematic it is to swap out tire sizes? When the stock tires are worn out I'd like to get 16" or 17" nice alloy set with non-runflats.

Is it just a matter of telling the computer?

Thanks, Jeffrey

·
Registered
56 Posts
Does anyone know how easy or problematic it is to swap out tire sizes? When the stock tires are worn out I'd like to get 16" or 17" nice alloy set with non-runflats.

Is it just a matter of telling the computer?

Thanks, Jeffrey

Depends on how you do it, usually you get bigger wheels but a lower profile tire resulting in the same diameter of the wheels. If you do that then you don't have to worry about a thing.

·
Super Moderator
7,872 Posts
exactly 16" wheels 195 55 16 tyres 17" 205 45 17 I think etc. Each upsize maintains the same rolling diameter so no computer changes.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My car was one that my dealer ordered but had all the specs I wanted.....except the wheels. They thought they were victory spokes, turned out to be loop spoke. I want to replace them, I'm hoping I see something on craigslist in the near future. I painted them black so it helps a little, they are just to round for my liking

·
Registered
245 Posts
The list with the technical diagrams is missing the 15" Helispoke Wheel which (I think) is offered only as the standard wheel in the US...

·
Super Moderator
7,872 Posts
Go on the mini configurator, shows you all the wheels they do. Simple t g engine to look at them on the car www.Mini.co.uk. then design my mini

1 - 20 of 31 Posts