Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So pleased to have picked up this beauty during the week!

A 2014 Mini Cooper S in Midnight Black. It’s Sport Auto (6-speed).

Additional kit includes:

• Chili Pack
  • Cross punch leather sports seats (heated)
  • LED Headlights
  • Navigation XL
  • JCW Steering Wheel
  • Anthracite headlining
  • Rear privacy glass
  • 18” JCW alloy wheels
Loving it so far, my 5th Mini and 3rd F56!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the nice comments folks!

I have already added the genuine Mini sport aerial (and the JCW key fob).

Over Christmas I will change the light surrounds (front and rear) and grill surround to the genuine Mini piano black ones. I’m also going to swap the front and rear badges for genuine piano black LCI badges as I prefer the look of those and want to change to all black anyway in line with the surrounds.

I am also toying with the idea of Union Jack rear lights (I miss my LCI!) for the sake of £300 and 10 mins on BimmerCode to remove any error messages. These small changes should make a nice subtle difference to the appearance of the car. I’m not going to fully dechrome as I think some touches like the beltline, side scuttles and grill bar offset the chrome of the wheels nicely, as obviously they have painted black elements too. So less chrome, but not dechrome, is the look I’m going for.

I am currently undecided on what to do with roof and mirror caps. I like the idea of a subtle black camo wrap... Thoughts?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Pressed private plates now on :) (car filthy in pic, sorry!) Also ordered all the black trim parts today, and piano black LCI MINI badges for the bonnet and boot lid.

Almost pulled the trigger on Union Jack lights but will be patient and sort the tyres and sensors first.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a quick update. Gave the car a clean today and took the opportunity to change to the piano black LCI badges. I like the look and can’t wait to get the light/grill surrounds done now.

The bad news, I found this pot hole the hard way last night in the dark so 2x runflats ruined and damage to 2x alloys - though £50 a wheel should get them looking great again. That’s sped up my changing of the tyres anyway so Yokohama’s going on all round on Tuesday, will then get the wheels sorted after Christmas and send the bills for 2x tyres and the wheel work to the local council!

·
Super Moderator
6,549 Posts
Nasty. Try to get a ruler and pit it in the hole to show the depth . The roads are a mess!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Light surrounds now on :cool: Had to snap the rears off as they were not easy but I have spare chrome ones anyway from my previous Mini.

Will give the grill a try in a few days as I’m fully expecting to snap that one and want to have plenty of time so as not to damage anything around it!

Love the look of black on black, really makes a nice difference to the look of the car!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just a quick update. Gave the car a clean today and took the opportunity to change to the piano black LCI badges. I like the look and can’t wait to get the light/grill surrounds done now.

The bad news, I found this pot hole the hard way last night in the dark so 2x runflats ruined and damage to 2x alloys - though £50 a wheel should get them looking great again. That’s sped up my changing of the tyres anyway so Yokohama’s going on all round on Tuesday, will then get the wheels sorted after Christmas and send the bills for 2x tyres and the wheel work to the local council! View attachment 68198
:S I normally put 40 psi on my tires to help avoid sidewall bubbles, but not sure if it would work for a pothole that size (probably not). Sorry for your tires/wheels :|

The car's looking great though, congrats!!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
New tyres are an absolute dream. Done a hundred or so miles in them now and much quieter and smoother ride. For anyone considering ditching run flats, it's well worth it for the daily experience! That said, I'm glad I had a run flat post-damage as it did enable essential journeys over Christmas whilst waiting to get sorted.

Next stop, get the alloys touched up and back to being pristine before sending the bill to the council. Wish me luck!

Will try and get the black grill fitted this weekend, just nervous about doing it by snapping off the chrome one as it's so much effort taking the bumper off just for this small mod!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts