Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, lets just straight to the point, i wanted to order for a JCW soon, since it's kinda pricey in here, i got a dillematic problem since i were live in asia (indonesia) which is all the models are pre-packaged and not available for pre-custom order., i just cant wait for 2016 production to come by, which is they said is gonna come in april and being manufactured in feb 2016 and not a single is changed, only the chassis production number.

so the newest one on the dealer are produced in december 2015
i see a small different that they dont mention between the 2014 production and 2015 production, in the steering wheel the button for Cruise Control are placed in different position, after that small incident i have a trust issues over them.

so i wanted to know by your massive knowledge of mini's, if there's any significant change between the 2015 production and 2016 production of jcw models in asia ?

should i wait or just wait for the 2016 model ?

i really wanted to have park camera assistant, and active cruise control, i have feeling the 2016 models gonna have active cruise control but im not sure for park camera assistant.

·
Super Moderator
1,206 Posts
The parking assist camera is part of a package, but in different countries different packages are available.

From what you say, it seems that you cannot spec your own car, you just have to take what the dealers import in, or have I misunderstood ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
That is a shame that you are not able to spec out your own MINI! .. that's one of the best parts of ordering the MINI.

I highly doubt there would be any significant changes between a late MY15 build and a early MY16 build, it's the options that you want that will make a difference between the MY15 and MY16.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm not sure if I'm wright but I too noticed the cruise control buttons looked different on other cars however I don't think it's actually different, it's just another option. There are two types of cruise control and some only have the one. I have both, the second being adaptive. This allows you to set the distance and speed, the car pretty much drives it's self. I personally love it as I drive a lot on the motorway. Now I have experienced it I wouldn't by a car without it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts