Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

A quick hello and intro from sunny Merseyside, UK.

My partner has just got a 2015 (UK '65 plate) mini cooper s diesel with all sorts of extras in there.

really nice car, drives solidly, and looks stunning in British Racing Green (or is it Brooklands Green - can never remember the correct name for it), with sunroof, white leather, heads-up display, big screen info system and harmon kardon sounds system.

will almost certainly be asking a few questions here and there along the way (e.g. what's an LCI, why does the nav not accept full postcodes, etc), but having driven it properly yesterday, it is a genuine pleasure to drive.

Cheers,

Pete

·
Registered
mini cooper SD 2015
13 Posts
welcome, as a mini SD owner myself i would say its an amazing car to drive, are you planning on upgrading or modifing it at all ?. to answer your question an LCI is a Life Cycle Implulse basically its a facelift to the current modle they change small things to the car to imporve it during its life cycle.

the issue with the navigation system i beleive i have the same sysem and i struggled with it to begin with, you need to put a space in the middle or it will not recognise it for example EH223FG would be typed in as EH22 3FG the cars are not as smart as they seem hope this helps :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers @welshy - such a simple thing to sort on the nav!

I haven't mooted the idea of upgrading anything just yet to her, as the low down delivery of torque makes it such an easy car to drive too quick already. Her previous car was a mistake (sorry, French thing) and was possibly the worst modern car I have driven in a long while, prior to that was an Alfa MiTo QV 1.4 twin turbo petrol with about 170BHP and a lovely rasp to it, but this Mini has much lower down and smoother delivery along with a feeling of less understeer (maybe it isn't and my memory is playing tricks??).

Out of curiosity, what sort of upgrades are available, engine wise, for a Cooper S d (it's an auto btw). She is looking at adding some bonnet stripes and small spotlights for aesthetics.

Cheers,

Pete

·
Registered
mini cooper SD 2015
13 Posts
i am currently looking to upgrade mine what i have in mind are - removing my bonnet stripes ( trying to make it manly), blacking out my chrome and as for performace upgrades i will be putting the big brake kit on mine when i need breaks (if i need them), changing the alloys to a lighter weight alloy for track days and a remap, looking at fitting a TMC motersport plug in tuning box so i can removing it when selling the car.

you do know your car has launch control as its a automatic ;)

you could tune the autobox possibly get an inductions or airfilter kit but that will only add induciton noise no gain in performance as its a dirty deisel i will be fititng on during its next service as i prefer washable filters but thats a personal preferance.

with the remap you could be looking at 210bhp and about 430nm of torque plus getting 50+mpg easily.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ooh, that looks good - approx 50BHP & and 90Nm gains :unsure: Does it do anything for efficiency, as it seems pretty good so far?

·
Registered
mini cooper SD 2015
13 Posts
I mean you could use the extra power efficiently I’m trying to get better mpg but I’m to childish and I end up in sport mode still getting 52mpg tho

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just saw a video on youtube of launch control - unfortunately, 'er indoors wouldn't let me try it out when taking her to work this morning (essential worker status), but with the lockdown I'm sure I'll find an empty road somewhere on an essential run to test it out.

·
Registered
mini cooper SD 2015
13 Posts
We have that ?? , will this work on a manual I might have to try it I’m an “essential worker” as well so I might try it tomorrow

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We have that ?? , will this work on a manual I might have to try it I’m an “essential worker” as well so I might try it tomorrow
Don't think it works on a manual, as it basically manages gearchanges, traction control, etc to deliver best acceleration form a standing start. I may be wrong, so have a quick search on youtube to see if there is a way to do it with a manual.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Long term mpg after 5 tanks of mixed driving suggests a -1 to 2 mpg nothing of any significance
still around 50mpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts