Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in a pickle. My car has 100k on the odometer, all highway miles. I'm looking at either a upgraded ECU tune or plug and play with pro exhaust + tune. The goal is to get the HP up to around 250 plus. Would this put my car at higher risk to come apart at the seams? Just looking for advice on the topic.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi, had mine Ecu tuned to roughly 260 Bhp, 400nm Torque, I'm no expert but i think it should cope fine, lots of people have done it, I havent seen many problems, only problem i have is pulling away in 1st or 2nd gear **** thing just cant get the power down, i think thats just the crap weather we are having at the mo, cold and wet!!! Oh 1 more thing i find that when in sport mode the throttle response is far to sensitive, just keep it in mid now.
I should add that it pulls like a bloody train in any other gear, and is very addictive putting it in 3rd at about 30 mph and nailing it up to about 70(cough) Mph. Imo it has transformed the car, i will definitely do it again to the next car without hesitation.
Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts