Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
F56 is expected to carry forward all the outgoing R56 derivatives, here is another render of the not so popular Cooper Coupe...

Do you guys think MINI will even bring back the Cooper Coupe? Its never been a great seller and that way it would give them an excuse to create a real coupe instead of just chopping the roof and removing the rear seats....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it looks great. Although I am hoping that MINI gives the new F56 based Coupe its own roof treatment. I think there is room for improvement from the R56 roof design.
I agree, the Cooper coupe needs its own identity instead of a massaged roofline and missing rear seats. TBH I would like to see the windshield pushed back coupled with a smaller greenhouse, for a longer nosed look. along the lines of this MX-5 render except with an even smaller greenhouse, 2 seats only...

·
Registered
125 Posts
I am taken aback by the really really small back window. That doesn't seem very safe even, and it seems to be purely for style since its the white spoiler type thing that blocks a lot of the window.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yea the Miata thing above is really terrible. I don't think anyone would want that.

Would this MINI be just a two seater, or is the back seat just really really tiny? I bet that my head would be brushing up against the ceiling if i drove in this car.

·
Registered
6 Posts

If this odd variation of the mini would make it to production would any of you actually consider buying it?

It looks cool and all but wouldn't that compromise with the passenger headroom in the back?

·
Registered
998 Posts
i had heard the coupe and roadster were potentially going to be cut. like others have said they haven't been big sellers - when i was shopping for my F56 they were being offered new with 1.9% finance & the dealer lots were packed with them

·
Registered
205 Posts
i had heard the coupe and roadster were potentially going to be cut. like others have said they haven't been big sellers - when i was shopping for my F56 they were being offered new with 1.9% finance & the dealer lots were packed with them
Yes. I can't even get any interest in mine at the moment (it's for sale) :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Coupe

I love my Coupe! It is roomier than it looks and it is a fast, zippy car to drive. I like the look of it but everyone has their own opinion. I don't care for the Mazda pictured above but some may really dig it. It's nice to see a variety of individual styles. I hope they keep the Coupe & the Roadster around for a while.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I love my Coupe! It is roomier than it looks and it is a fast, zippy car to drive. I like the look of it but everyone has their own opinion. I don't care for the Mazda pictured above but some may really dig it. It's nice to see a variety of individual styles. I hope they keep the Coupe & the Roadster around for a while.
I think based on what MINI has hinted at and the rumors swirling around, the Coupe and Roadster will not carry over into the 2016 model year. They have been dismal sellers.

I personally like both - I like that they are 2-seater sportier versions of the standard Hardtop, they are a blast to drive, I like their look, but the market just saw no need for them apparently.

The current rumor however, is that the Superleggera concept may see the light of day in the next few years, which will kind of fill that gap the Roadster will leave. I hope it does because that is a BEAUTIFUL car.

·
Super Moderator
8,023 Posts
We really love our roadsters s. 2 seats a much bigger boot than the cabrio but does sound as if it may not be a goer thought he legerra concept could replace it. Coupe is two sea t only too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts