Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and girls
Just about to roll up the sleeves and start a Cat N JCW project build. Going to need some help from you so starting this thread to see if you can assist me in some areas of this.

Here is a link to my YT channel where i discuss the purchase of it and in the coming few days will post a detailed breakdown of what i think is the issues and how i can get this fine-looking beast back on the road.

Really appreciate any help given...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Morning you lovely Mini people. Part 2 of my JCW project build. Please have a watch and any feedback very welcome!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hello,
great job you have done !!!
Just one question: how did you fill and flush the cooling system ??
I've read on technical documentations that you have to use a computer to make the electric water pumps works if you want to fill the all cooling system perfectly and if you want to be sure that the flushing operation is OK !!!
I haven't seen this part on your vidéo !
Thanks from Paris ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello,
great job you have done !!!
Just one question: how did you fill and flush the cooling system ??
I've read on technical documentations that you have to use a computer to make the electric water pumps works if you want to fill the all cooling system perfectly and if you want to be sure that the flushing operation is OK !!!
I haven't seen this part on your vidéo !
Thanks from Paris ;)
Hi Boubi
I think i answered this one on my YT channel but as all the cooling system was new, i just filled it up with 50/50 water and antifreeze and kept the engine running, purging the system of air and topping up where needed. After the first 30 minute drive, i checked again and it needed another half litre so i am hoping this will be all good now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did. Kept seeing it on my drive every morning and decided to bite the bullet and realign the bonnet and bumper. Looking so much better. Also decided to go the whole hog and get a new after market intake and get it remapped. Should get 320bhp+ at the wheels.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi Boubi
I think i answered this one on my YT channel but as all the cooling system was new, i just filled it up with 50/50 water and antifreeze and kept the engine running, purging the system of air and topping up where needed. After the first 30 minute drive, i checked again and it needed another half litre so i am hoping this will be all good now.
Yes, you did, thanks !!
Simply, I've posted on this forum first..........

·
Registered
11 Posts
Started watching your vids, as I watch a few of the channels you mentioned, including salvage rebuilds UK - and also my eldest son would love me to start doing this with him, maybe one day. You don’t have comments enabled on your vids is that intentional? Good luck, only done part one of the JCW so far 👍

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hi Mate, loving the build. Just a quick question, did you have any issues with the pedestrian protection system going off?
Thanks
Have you watched his videos on youtube links above in his posts - he bought a new fibre cable as his went off and in his last vid he said he was going to the dealers to have the fault code cleared - no update if it worked

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Started watching your vids, as I watch a few of the channels you mentioned, including salvage rebuilds UK - and also my eldest son would love me to start doing this with him, maybe one day. You don’t have comments enabled on your vids is that intentional? Good luck, only done part one of the JCW so far 👍
Hi BeDevil
The comments thing i am so happy you bought that to my attention. I wondered why my videos were getting views but no comments. Seems like it was set to 'made for kids'. All sorted now so please comment away at your leisure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Mate, loving the build. Just a quick question, did you have any issues with the pedestrian protection system going off?
Thanks
Hi Wakas
No issues with it except for getting it reset once I had replaced the fibre optic cable and bonnet actuators. Had to take it into a garage to get the fault code cleared (£20) as my OBD wasn't good enough to do such a job.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Watched everything now and really enjoying it, good work! I think you have a good foundation already! (just commented on the latest vid), the Jag would be great for the channel. And the clubman is nice too. I think one thing you could do is discuss the bits that you struggled with like alignment etc upfront to acknowledge them before people judge, like the door shutlines of the Juke which looked a little off in the earlier vids 👍

·
Registered
234 Posts
Looking good (y)

Where did you buy the decals from? did you manage to lay them without bubbles/creases? i fitted some to a previous car and found it difficult as they were the ones you fit dry unlike others you fit wet so you can move them about

1 - 20 of 24 Posts