Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Thought i'd introduce myself as the newest member to the MCS club.

About to pull the trigger on a 2015 MCS

White Silver
Black Punch Leather
Sports Auto
Chilli
Media XL
Black Roof and Alloys
Head-Up display

Car is a lovely spec.

I'm getting the dealer to add black bonnet stripes, but had a question on dealer fit PDC (rear).

The official mini ones are coming out at £1450 fitted, so that's out. I've had various dealers quote me anything from £149 to £450. Just wondered if anyone has had any experience or watch outs. I'm happy just having the beeps and not the full display.

Nice to meet y'all

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Hi Guys,
Thought i'd introduce myself as the newest member to the MCS club.

About to pull the trigger on a 2015 MCS

White Silver
Black Punch Leather
Sports Auto
Chilli
Media XL
Black Roof and Alloys
Head-Up display

Car is a lovely spec.

I'm getting the dealer to add black bonnet stripes, but had a question on dealer fit PDC (rear).

The official mini ones are coming out at £1450 fitted, so that's out. I've had various dealers quote me anything from £149 to £450. Just wondered if anyone has had any experience or watch outs. I'm happy just having the beeps and not the full display.

Nice to meet y'all
You've got Media XL so I presume it would show up on the display when they installed the sensors... I personally don't think they're necessary - it's small car, just use your neck! But if they're a must have like my mum insisted on the JCW then I'd have them done by a MINI dealer - granted not the one thats said £1450.

Awesome specced car though! :D

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sorry - I'm a little lost here - are you saying standard rear PDC is £1,450?

Has something changed on the options catalogue. I have a 2016 Wk 9 build Cooper S with rear only PDC and it was a £260 factory fit option including VAT. The camera might cost that much, but not for just the graphical representation of what the sensors are picking up.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Sorry - I'm a little lost here - are you saying standard rear PDC is £1,450?

Has something changed on the options catalogue. I have a 2016 Wk 9 build Cooper S with rear only PDC and it was a £260 factory fit option including VAT. The camera might cost that much, but not for just the graphical representation of what the sensors are picking up.
I understood that the car is already built and at a dealer without PDC fitted from the factory - the dealership has quoted £1450 to fit them as an aftersales item.

·
Registered
207 Posts
LOL. Good grief. Yes, now I see it is completely obvious... Sorry about that.

I'll get me coat...

Reactions: brandonbardsley

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Firstly welcome along and the MINI sounds great :)

Secondly I'd be shopping around, what a rip off! Always worth haggling with them, I did with spotlights on a R55, quoted something like £450/500, after several phone calls and a drop in or two to see them I paid £240!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts