Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I am Robert, and I just wanted to start a thread with my car!
Cammie (or Cam Cam as my GF calls her) is a Volcanic Orange 2015 Cooper S Hardtop Sport, Sunroof, Sport Suspension, 6MT, Cold Weather Package.

I came from a 2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack/SRT. I am into road racing and my original goal was a car that felt a little less terrifying on the track. The Challenger was very fast, and handled very well but you felt all 4100 lbs of that thing, which can be very unnerving coming into a chicane at 100+ mph. I cross shopped a lot of cars, the new ND MX-5, the Focus ST, the STI, WRX, FRS/BRZ, 500 Abarth, basically everything in the small and nimble category. I actually was taking my brother in law to look at Mini's when I fell in love. He drove a 15 hardtop S with me in the passenger seat, and I was honestly unimpressed. It was quiet, it felt slow and soft. Then I got to drive (and this was a base S, no sport suspension.) We were on some back roads in Annapolis, MD, and I flipped it to sport mode. I bopped around some back roads when a sport bike came up behind me and we ended up just flying, me giggling and laughing when the pops came on, my brother in law laughing, and the poor saleswoman splayed in the back seat fearing for her life. I was hooked.

Fast forward a few months and this car is probably the most capable, grin inducing smile machine I have ever owned. In a straight line it is faster than my Challenger was. On the back roads it is a beast. On the track it is sublime. I have never been more pleased with a car.

Anyways, on to the good stuff:

Burger Tuning Stage 2 (21PSI) with FF running 60% e85
Freed Engineering Downpipe Back 3" exhaust to a Vibrant 3" to 3.5" muffler
Milltek Catless Large Bore Downpipe w/outmotoring mini cat O2 sensor spacer
Cravenspeed Intake
Cravenspeed Short Shifter kit
KW Variant 2 Inox
Megan Racing adjustable upper and lower rear control arms
NM Engineering 25 mm rear sway bar and endlinks
Powerflex Motor Mounts
Powerflex Front control arm bushings with camber adjustment
Forge Motorsports FMIC
Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 18x8 +40
Bridgestone Potenza Re71-R 225/40/18

Removed - 180* tstat (This is a part for the X5 M however I found that without more tuning capabilities than the platform currently supports this caused more issues than it caused benefits. I will be going with a larger radiator and more efficient fans to help with cooling)

Plans - JCW BBK
Aero - I want an absurd splitter, rear splitter and a big ass wang haha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.