Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

My Wife and I have completed the build on a '16 Mini Cooper 4 Door. I've researched the closest 5 dealers to us and can't decide who to go to. Should I just pick a sales person and just e-mail them directly at each dealership? The build's MSRP is 29,150 and the Invoice (according to nadaguides) is 27,620. Here is what the last page of the print out says:

Color: B22 - British Racing Green II

Packages:
ZCW - Cold Weather Package
ZPM - Media Package
6AD - MINI Head-Up Display
3AG - Rear-view Camera + PDC
ZSP - Sport Package
2GZ - 16" Black Victory Spoke
5A2 - LED Headlights
No Stripes
NOSTRIPES
ZWU - Wired Upgrade
507 - Rear Park Distance Control

Options:
205 - 6-Speed Steptronic Automatic
383 - Black Roof/Mirrors
493 - Storage Package
927 - All-Season Tires

Accessories:
None

Questions;

Am I missing anything? Is there any package I can break and save some money? Are cornering lights important? Do LED foglights make a difference (I have no problem upgrading the halogen bulbs)? How close to invoice can we get?

This car is a wedding gift from her mother and she's just gonna transfer the money to us to buy. We have no problem going through MINI/BMW financial for incentives/rebates because we're gonna pay it off anyways.

Sorry for the long post, but she's been dreaming of a MINI for years and since we may be expanding our family so she's ok with the 4 door, especially after test driving it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Congrats :) When I ordered mine late last year, I made a spreadsheet with the packages, what they included, and prices for the components. From what I saw, it was much cheaper to go with a package if you wanted the stuff in it than try to go piecemeal on features. Math is your friend.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Hi welcome and congrats,I will cover of the adaptive cornering lights I have them on our BMW they are great on that longer wheel base car and good with us when you can't be bothered to dip you lights as it just splits the beams but it has High Beam assist so check that's the same with mini.
We thought hard about the mini we got re this but because of the short wheel back and quick turn in I felt it was not worth the extra money for us as mostly town driving during week.
I like it on the BMW but sometimes if same system its slow to change back to full beam after auto dipping and I have to manually intervene

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I heard back from two dealerships so far. One dealer said MSRP is all they could do and the other is asking for $500 over invoice. As soon as I hear from the last 3, I will let the ones who offered prices compete against each other or something. We're definitely starting to get excited as this is becoming more of a reality.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE, I was able to get one dealer to go 450 above invoice. The dealer who originally made the offer didn't want to make a counter offer. Deposit had been paid and production number given. I feel as if it's a fair price, plus we can always get any incentives that may come out during delivery.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
UPDATE, I was able to get one dealer to go 450 above invoice. The dealer who originally made the offer didn't want to make a counter offer. Deposit had been paid and production number given. I feel as if it's a fair price, plus we can always get any incentives that may come out during delivery.
That's a pretty good deal for a MINI, especially a custom build. Usually, dealers will not discount at all for a build, so congratulations!

Now comes the hard part: the waiting! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts