Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Advice reviewed the 2016 Cooper. Wish we could get them seats here in NA I do like the looks of it and that they are not leather. I don,t understand why he thinks the Cooper is thirsty I get great MPG with mine and I got my foot in it all day.:D:D

all the pics

http://www.caradvice.com.au/482198/2016-mini-cooper-review/2016-mini-cooper-hatch-white-25/

+

So much fun to drive; fantastic engine and driveline; great handling and ride characteristics; solid and well built: feels like a bigger car; still looks cool

_

Option packages are confusing and expensive; Mini by name and mini by nature – there’s not much space in there; three-cylinder engine is thirsty

Driving a slow car fast is more fun than driving a fast car slow. It’s a mantra as old as the car itself, usually stated to make one feel better when you don’t have a fast car to drive.

Fun isn’t a very quantifiable measure, so the statement is highly subjective and very difficult to prove with science, but in the case of the 2016 Mini Cooper, it feels pretty jolly accurate.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/482198/2016-mini-cooper-review/

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Better fuel economy and performance are strange bedfellows. I guess we could return to horse and buggies. Environmentally sound, naturally powered, normally aspirated, and you can grow eco friendly plants with their exhaust.

·
Super Moderator
8,208 Posts
I was happy with all day 45mpg from my cooper-just done a 200 mile round trip on mainly motorways with town at eitehr end-and v slow town at that and stuck exactly to all speed limits; 44mpg in a cooper s clubman-mighty impressed with that!

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I was happy with all day 45mpg from my cooper-just done a 200 mile round trip on mainly motorways with town at eitehr end-and v slow town at that and stuck exactly to all speed limits; 44mpg in a cooper s clubman-mighty impressed with that!
I'd expect the Cooper to do more than 1mpg more a Cooper S though!

·
Super Moderator
8,208 Posts
True . Initial impressions are the clubby s is doing 40-42 on long journeys 38-40 my normal mixed 7 mile work 40 mile weekend trek wheras the cooper was better for the short journeys but a thrash up the m way dropped it a bit. Probably to be expected but as you say no where near any eu test figure! I never use green mode!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts