Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, my wife is the original owner of this 3 yrs old car. The car has never been towed and only service were maintenance at dealership. She got a flat tire today and found that the car does not come with the on board tool kit and tow hook under the trunk. Supposed to be like this or part missing when we took delivery?
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
6,827 Posts
On board tool kit? Hmmm but you should have a tow hook!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No tow hook under the trunk unless it locate at somewhere else. I tried my F80 M3 tow hook and works well. Is it universal? If yes, I would just get one from eBay

·
Super Moderator
6,827 Posts
YEs almost definitely the same on most BMWs. Am not 100% sure on that of course but am sure an ebay one will suffice-ours is in a little wallet with the locking wheel nut-nothing else as we have runflats. And it is velcroed in the boot under the false floor on the right in our f54. Could be under that though perhaps?

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'd be concerned if it's missing it's locking wheel nut, which as Jeremy said is normally found alongside said tow hook and in my case a screwdriver, all in a plastic wallet under the false floor in the boot/trunk of my runflat-equipped F54.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It could be down behind one of the side panels where you access the tail lights. They are quite deep, my toolkit with locking wheel nut key and tow hook were in the drivers side cavity. I keep a 1L bottle of oil in there too with room for more.

The tool kit should be a black wrap with red edging and a few velcro ties.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Believe should be here right? Ours just empty, no tool and tow hook. Supposed to be in a foam tray?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts