Mini Cooper Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
I was at my local BMW dealer today and the salesman I spoke with told me the 2016's were selling well right now, because for 2017 the free maintenance warranty program is going away! Doesn't matter to me because the fewest times I have to take my MINI to the dealer is fine with me, but for many that's a big feature. I wonder if that's going away for MINI in 2017?

The free maintenance warranty program was a big selling point for me buying the Mini. I love the idea that I don,t have to pay for brake pads wipers etc etc. Kinda nice not to have worry about parts and labor for 3 years. I love working on cars but why chance the oil yourself when you can get it done down the street with a coupon for less than if you buy your own oil and filter. Kinda sucks that Mini is taking that program away.:(:(

Discussion starter · #23 ·
I was at my local BMW dealer today and the salesman I spoke with told me the 2016's were selling well right now, because for 2017 the free maintenance warranty program is going away!
Rumour is that the installation is still free but you pay for nor mall wear-and-tear parts (wiper blades, brake pads, etc).

I wish they'd just announce this stuff already!

I was at my local BMW dealer today and the salesman I spoke with told me the 2016's were selling well right now, because for 2017 the free maintenance warranty program is going away! Doesn't matter to me because the fewest times I have to take my MINI to the dealer is fine with me, but for many that's a big feature. I wonder if that's going away for MINI in 2017?
Not going away, just changing and matching more what BMW's maintenance plan is.

Oil changes, filters, and vehicle checks are still included, but brake pads, discs, wipers, and clutches will no longer be covered. It is also no longer transferable to another owner outside of your immediate family, which is kind of a hit to resale value if you somehow decide to sell your car private party within 3 years. MINI dealers of course, will be offering add-on packages that will extend the coverage and/or add wear and tear items back in at different price points, depending on what you want.

This only affects MY2017+ MINIs so if you have a 2016 or earlier MINI, everything is the same. Warranty coverage has not changed.

MINI has updated their website to reflect these changes: http://www.miniusa.com/content/miniusa/en/why-mini/why-mini/covered-maintenance.html

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.