Mini Cooper Forum banner

2017 F55 / F56 pricing and packages?

10K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  siriuszero 
#1 ·
It's been a while since the 2017 pricing and changes was announced for the US... I know new orders are going through for 2017's already, but we haven't yet seen any news on pricing and changes to base configurations up here.

Any know the details?

#2 ·
Nothing on MINI USA yet, but Motoring File did a breakdown here of prices and changes to options and packages.

#3 ·
It would be nice to see what the real changes are ... I'm waiting on it for my order. You can get a pretty good idea of the options and packages by taking a look at the convertible on the configurator because it is a 2017 model. Probably not perfect, but certainly helpful.

#7 · (Edited)
You can get a pretty good idea of the options and packages by taking a look at the convertible on the configurator because it is a 2017 model. Probably not perfect, but certainly helpful.
Hmmm... Only change I've heard that is definitely coming for us is the basic amber stereo is gone on the R55/56. However the 6.5" media boost is still an upgrade on the configurator for the convertible. Oh well.

I'm really hoping that driving modes doesn't get pushed up into an options pack for us, like it has in the US.

The "excitement lighting" also moves up to an option package in the US. I'd be disappointed to lose the puddle lights etc, but not enough to pay much of a premium to get them back.

#10 ·
Hmmm... Only change I've heard that is definitely coming for us is the basic amber stereo is gone on the R55/56. However the 6.5" media boost is still an upgrade on the configurator for the convertible. Oh well.
The change to the stereo is new to me. What are they going to replace it with as Standard Equipment ?

I also read that the 3 driving modes are going to become an Option called Sport Package.

Also, the excitement lights are now an option as well.

Seems they are stripping down the car to make even money by having you buy the options suited for your needs or enjoyment. The 2014, 2015, 2016 models they were giving you such great value to get the cars on the road. It worked.
My 2015, I am so HAPPY with !!!! :)

" More Tech, Less Features & a Slight Price Increase "

#11 ·
The change to the stereo is new to me. What are they going to replace it with as Standard Equipment ?

I also read that the 3 driving modes are going to become an Option called Sport Package.

Also, the excitement lights are now an option as well.

Seems they are stripping down the car to make even money by having you buy the options suited for your needs or enjoyment. The 2014, 2015, 2016 models they were giving you such great value to get the cars on the road. It worked.
My 2015, I am so HAPPY with !!!! :)

" More Tech, Less Features & a Slight Price Increase "
In US the base display is gone, Connected + Visual Boost is standard as is the base radio, HK is still an option. Visual Boost as standard makes sense since beginning May 2018 all US cars are required to have a back up camera, the phase in started May 2016.

Driving modes are an option on the Cooper only, on the MCS they are standard.
The excitement lights are in the fully loaded package or added separately for $250.00. But they required with a MINI Yours Interior. So not a good deal, the $350.00 MINI Yours Interior trim turns into $600 since the MINI Excitement Package is a required item.

Reactions: hotrunner
#5 ·
Will be interesting to see if some of the errors on the configurator are finally corrected!

#8 ·
#12 ·
Visual Boost would be nice in my car. It would have brought it up to the 21st century....it appears that Mini was late to game on this standard feature. Looking at mostly all the other manufacturers, even the low end cars made my KIA, HYUNDAI, Toyota, Honda, etc. they were are doing this as Standard a couple years back, including back up cameras as being Standard too. i.e. 2014-2015 models that they started with this nice feature. I wonder what took Mini so long ? Also, looking at Visual Boost, it looks rather cumbersome to operate compared to their competitors that use touch screens and icons/apps , much like a iPhone. Mini doesn't look as functional / smooths to operate as its competitors on this front.

Just say'in

#13 ·
Having to use the wheel Visual Boost can be cumbersome at first, no question there is a learning curve but you get used to it quickly. Having shortcuts programmed helps immensely. I spec'd my MCS with Visual Boost since I thought the base display was unintuitive and too hard to read and XL was overkill for my needs/wants. There are better implementations by others, once you use it Visual Boost starts to make sense. Not the most elegant implementation but functional.

#15 ·
Actually, there are more features for less cost. Comparing my 2016 JCW build to 2017 is $350 less. I can always add the Mini Excitement package for $250, but that's not something I rally care to have.

I think they made the right move to keep costs down by eliminating packages that are cool, but really do not add value.

#16 ·
Right, but in Canada lots of options are only available in packages, not a-la-carte. For non-S, non-JCW buyers, moving driving modes into a pricy package of stuff you don't want could suck. Would you be happy paying an extra ~$850 just to get access to sport mode?

#21 ·
I was at my local BMW dealer today and the salesman I spoke with told me the 2016's were selling well right now, because for 2017 the free maintenance warranty program is going away! Doesn't matter to me because the fewest times I have to take my MINI to the dealer is fine with me, but for many that's a big feature. I wonder if that's going away for MINI in 2017?

#23 ·
I was at my local BMW dealer today and the salesman I spoke with told me the 2016's were selling well right now, because for 2017 the free maintenance warranty program is going away!
Rumour is that the installation is still free but you pay for nor mall wear-and-tear parts (wiper blades, brake pads, etc).

I wish they'd just announce this stuff already!

#22 ·
The free maintenance warranty program was a big selling point for me buying the Mini. I love the idea that I don,t have to pay for brake pads wipers etc etc. Kinda nice not to have worry about parts and labor for 3 years. I love working on cars but why chance the oil yourself when you can get it done down the street with a coupon for less than if you buy your own oil and filter. Kinda sucks that Mini is taking that program away.:(:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.