Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking to sell my OEM MINI JCW Cup alloys and will be available in the next few weeks

Not looking to get rich :) and open to sensible offers, collection peferred (Salisbury area) happy to work with you if you want to send a courier etc, I'm sure we can work something out

Usual curb scuffs and scratches, my car like everyone's MINI is well loved, cleaned and waxed regulalry, as are my wheels, I just can't help at times touching the curb

Tyres and TPM valves not included.

Any questions / offers please do get in touch

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Having spoken to a few used wheel dealers I now have a better idea of what these are worth used, rather than sell these to a dealer for say £375 and for them to add their margin and resell, I'd prefer these to go to a loved MINI. Let me know / get in touch of these are of interest at less than hundred per wheel

Cheers

·
Registered
2014 F56 Cooper S Hatch
13 Posts
Having spoken to a few used wheel dealers I now have a better idea of what these are worth used, rather than sell these to a dealer for say £375 and for them to add their margin and resell, I'd prefer these to go to a loved MINI. Let me know / get in touch of these are of interest at less than hundred per wheel

Cheers

Hey, checking if you managed to sell the wheels? 🙌🏽

·
Registered
2014 F56 Cooper S Hatch
13 Posts
Not yet, not been pushing them to be honest as about to get them properly refurbished and will most likely stick on ebay.
In which case I'll be interested, pre refurb, as I looking for a set to put winter tyres on. ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm always open to offers, the wheels, TPMS sensors and tyres which will need fitting back on £775 or just the wheels and sensores, £650. Breif history, I was using all of this uo until the 06.11. I changed my wheels and put on new sensors. I was going to keep the tyres but 205 tyres on an 8inch wheel isnt safe IMO due to the stretch so I've chnaged the tyres to 225's. The tyres are 205/40/18 Pirelli Cinturato P7 86W runflats. I believe diamond cut wheel refurbs cost around £75 upwards per wheel.

Tread wise

2 of the tyres from the top of the wear bar on the tyre measure 3.5mm and so the actual depth of the tread is 5.5mm (+)

the other 2 tyres from the top of the wear bar measure 4.5mm and so the actual depth of the tread is over 6mm

I am always open to and will consider offers

·
Registered
2014 F56 Cooper S Hatch
13 Posts
I'm always open to offers, the wheels, TPMS sensors and tyres which will need fitting back on £775 or just the wheels and sensores, £650. Breif history, I was using all of this uo until the 06.11. I changed my wheels and put on new sensors. I was going to keep the tyres but 205 tyres on an 8inch wheel isnt safe IMO due to the stretch so I've chnaged the tyres to 225's. The tyres are 205/40/18 Pirelli Cinturato P7 86W runflats. I believe diamond cut wheel refurbs cost around £75 upwards per wheel.

Tread wise

2 of the tyres from the top of the wear bar on the tyre measure 3.5mm and so the actual depth of the tread is 5.5mm (+)

the other 2 tyres from the top of the wear bar measure 4.5mm and so the actual depth of the tread is over 6mm

I am always open to and will consider offers
Hey, thanks for the update. So, i would only need the wheels, as i will sources winter tyres and already have the TPMSs. I know the tyre size as I also have the 205/40/18 run flats on my MINI. Just to confirm, have they been refurbed? Cheers, Derek

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hiya Derek, they're in the process of being refurished, there at the garage and I'm wiating for them to complete etc. Havent got a timescale yet but I should have them back in a week or 2, they'll not be going back on a car, so as soon as they're refurb'd they'll be reay to be sold like that. Current conditon, there are no cracks, welds, structural damage of any kind, just the nromal curb rash and scratches. I'd say they'll look tip top once done

Cheers

A

·
Registered
2014 F56 Cooper S Hatch
13 Posts
Hey thanks for the clarification. Would still be interested, less the cost of the tpms, so drop me a pic once you've got them back. Would also be good to know where you're based in terms of pick up or postage. Cheers, Derek

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Derek, all good thanks, hope you are too. The wheels were collected this week so just waiting to hear when these will be completed, sorry its taking so long, hopefully not much longer and then i'll take some pics of them for you :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hiya, FYI, i'm trying to get an ETA from the garage, i went to a few garages yesterday for a quote on fiting a rear diffuser and they're all so busy they kind of werent interested :( hopefully this isnt the same for wheels

As soon as I hear back will let you know

Cheers

A

·
Registered
2014 F56 Cooper S Hatch
13 Posts
Hiya, FYI, i'm trying to get an ETA from the garage, i went to a few garages yesterday for a quote on fiting a rear diffuser and they're all so busy they kind of werent interested :( hopefully this isnt the same for wheels

As soon as I hear back will let you know

Cheers

A
Hey and thanks for the update. It does seem a long time - i had my wheels refurbed here in Amsterdam and it took five days from dropping them off to getting them refitted. This is also why i would have taken them as was as I have a garage over here. Anyway, also good to get an idea of what you're thinking price wise as another guy reached out to me offering me the same set. Cheers, Derek (y)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts