Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
2017 JCW
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I recently bought a 2017 JCW and have so far installed a Scorpion sports cat, Remus exhaust and H&R rear sway bar.

I am in the future looking at mapping it to Stage 1 with a few other mods here and there, but like to keep it OEM on the exterior, I'm more into modifying stuff under the bonnet and make it look like it isn't faster than it is supposed to.

I used to buy only Japanese cars (Toyota, Subaru, Mazda) but for some reason (and because my Mazda was dying) I bought a Mini.

Looking forward to chat with other members of the forum, which seem to be very friendly. Unlike the NASIOC (Subaru) forum, which is full of kids and toxic idiots 馃槀.

Cloud Sky Tire Wheel Land vehicle

Registered
Lovely JCW. I can recommend an eventuri intake kit for your modifications. I have one with sports cat, pro exhaust and eventuri intake. And it鈥檚 so Mitch fun, and sounds awesome :)

Registered
2017 JCW
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd love to have an Eventuri intake, however a tad expensive.

And the sports cat and H&R sway bar are illegal where I live. So it's understandable that I want my engine bay to look as OEM as possible in case I get a chat with the guys who have blue lights on their roof 馃槈.

I'm thinking about getting a Forge intake pipe, which deletes the intake resonator. You get a similar sound to the Eventuri but without the price. Would be amazing to have a combo of them.

Registered
Welcome! I got my MY16 JCW couple of months ago, my first Mini too.

Mine had the Remus exhaust on as well as Eibach springs which I both appreciated a lot. Not even a remote fan of slammed cars but I found the stock ride height reminding me more of a crossover than a JCW so I would have gone for (mild) lowering even if it wasn't on already.

I also found the tracks too narrow, so just yesterday I installed 15mm spacers front/rear and it now looks perfect, much more purposeful and it finished off the result the lowering springs brought without looking silly. Looks are subjective but I would definitely recommend the springs & spacers combo.

I also threw a custom stage 1 map on it and the pull in 3rd and 4th gear now is quite impressive.

A rear arb was my next mod but there are few options and all come in front/rear sets which I don't want, how/where did you managed to get just that?!

Registered
2017 JCW
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I couldn't find only a rear anti-roll bar. I purchased the front/rear set from H&R but only installed the rear.

I think NM Engineering sells only the rear bar.

Registered
I couldn't find only a rear anti-roll bar. I purchased the front/rear set from H&R but only installed the rear.

I think NM Engineering sells only the rear bar.
Uh... I was afraid you'd say this :p I've thought of doing the same but it just seems foolish to buy the set without the intention of ever installing the front one... and I doubt I could even sell it to anyone without the rear one... but it might just be the only solution in the end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts