Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all!

Working on purchasing a 2017 Rebel Green JCW with a red roof. I'm already starting to list the mods I would like to do. One being a wrap for the plastic wheel arches/skirts. I was trying to find a rebel green with either gloss black or gloss red wrap around the arches/trim so that I could see a visual of what it looks like.

If anyone is photoshop savvy and can do better than my paint job lol. That'd be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
882 Posts
Rebel Green - yes
Rebel Green with red roof - yes
That mockup hurts my eyes :ROFLMAO:

But thats me, if you love it, go for it. Its certainly unique :)

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
512 Posts
I'm not a fan either :(

Would wrap actually bond properly with the arches as they have a slight texture to them unlike other parts that people wrap which are smooth?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gotcha yeah I just wanted some feedback! The one I’m looking at only has the red roof. Mirrors are black. That may be too much red.
May wrap the arches/trim gloss black instead. And add red viper stripes to the bonnet and trunk.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all!

Working on purchasing a 2017 Rebel Green JCW with a red roof. I'm already starting to list the mods I would like to do. One being a wrap for the plastic wheel arches/skirts. I was trying to find a rebel green with either gloss black or gloss red wrap around the arches/trim so that I could see a visual of what it looks like.

If anyone is photoshop savvy and can do better than my paint job lol. That'd be greatly appreciated!
YUK!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Does anyone know if the 2017 JCW models could come with a red roof AND black sideview mirrors? That's how it is configured. I am wondering if it was wrapped after-the-fact or mirrors replaced for some reason (damage most likely).

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have a Rebel Green F54 JCW, ditch the red arches and get some red rim guards, will look much better...

DSCF9747 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr
Alloy wheel similar (color combination) to mine on the Countryman: rebel green + red

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all!

[/QUOTE]
Hi, here I've found one on the internet. It's Duell AG, it looks sick. I'm attempting to paint them the same as the body color or gloss black as well. Warp company wouldn't recommend me to warp plastic arches, it won't stick or last long he said. Anyway enjoy your MOD's plans!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
LOL!!! Love it. Do you not like the red arches, color of the car in general, or all of it together? Thanks for your input :)
[/QUOTE)
Love the car, I'm on MCS No 5, Love Rebel green hate the red wheel arches. Personally I would have all Rebel Green and stick with standard arches.:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello all!

Hi, here I've found one on the internet. It's Duell AG, it looks sick. I'm attempting to paint them the same as the body color or gloss black as well. Warp company wouldn't recommend me to warp plastic arches, it won't stick or last long he said. Anyway enjoy your MOD's plans!
[/QUOTE]

Okay I am sold on the color matched. I think gloss black would look sick too. And I really like the green now. Thanks for finding this! That car looks amazing!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello all!

You’ll be all set for Christmas in July 😬

1 - 15 of 15 Posts