Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, I have a 2019 mini Cooper S with the mini yours black leather sport seats, it has under 8000 miles, and when I picked it up from the first owner I noticed these small imperfections in the seats, they have gotten worse and they are not scratches. It almost looks as though something within the seat foam is pushing up through the leather and making marks, just wanted to see if anyone else has any experience before I bring it to the attention of my dealer.

I am hesitant to point it out because the car gets turned in December of this year and is leased, but it is nothing that I did, these are from the passenger seat that hardly get sat in, and I don’t want to be dinged for it when I turn the car in, as by then it might potentially be worse, any others have similar experience, thank you so much, Nick

The second picture is from the passenger seat upper part, I have lightly treated the seats with Lexol, but that’s it thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,558 Posts
Think that is just leather being a natural product but could be something behind ?

Reactions: Nbabeaux

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Think that is just leather being a natural product but could be something behind ?
So they aren’t like natural leather stress points that I have on my bolsters, they are raised and rigid, almost like something poking up from underneath the seat, it’s so weird

·
Super Moderator
7,558 Posts
Yes-personally I read that the very best leather used by Rolls Royce, Pittards et al is from cattle that roam where there is a guarantee that there is no barbed wire so the hide of the cow in question or cows in their case isn't marked in any way-I could be wrong but think what you are seeing is a scratch in the hide of the cow-caused by every day life eg barbed wire etc. LEt;s face it Mini aren't quite in the same price range(even though they are the same company) and so they won't be getting the very best-nor are the seats all leather imo . Leather is a real item-proves they're genuine-bet there are no marks on the seat backs-i think they are 'vinyl'!

Reactions: Nbabeaux
1 - 5 of 5 Posts