Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, new to the forum just bought used 2019 jcw with 13k. Happy with it so far, however two issues, one already taken care of front driver strut mount replaced under warranty also noticed from time to time the jcw pro exhaust (main real for purchase) this should be standard equipments, loses connection. Is this a common issue.

Thanks

·
Registered
346 Posts
The exhaust can be fixed with a new Bluetooth control module. The old ones experienced interference and had a tendency to close the valve when in the vicinity of a lots of wireless signals. It will be covered under warranty.

Oh and...welcome to the forum. :)

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
925 Posts
Was the JCW pro exhaust a dealer fit add on as i thought after mid 2018 all JCWs had the PPF which meant they weren't approved?

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
925 Posts
I've read on the American forums they also have the GPF fitted (i said ppf in my other reply) Gasoline Particulate Filter.
For them to fit a pro exhaust the had to fit a different front pipe

·
Super Moderator
6,879 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi All, new to the forum just bought used 2019 jcw with 13k. Happy with it so far, however two issues, one already taken care of front driver strut mount replaced under warranty also noticed from time to time the jcw pro exhaust (main real for purchase) this should be standard equipments, loses connection. Is this a common issue.

Thanks
welcome - Im out in BC with a similar certified owned JCW from MINI here out by YVR. I had then fit the exhaust here. For cdn models far as i was informed no filters fitted - pro exhaust would have been a dealer installed likely.
Earlier versions (i believe earlier years than yours) had intermittent bluetooth module issues - fixed under warranty (CPO - mini canada extended my warranty).
Other option is to set the switch to always have the flap open. Its pretty muted outside of sport plus mode anyway

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, being new to the brand, learning a lot from all posters. I was unaware that the exhaust was not from factory but rather dealer installed. Will have them check it out at next service in April.
thanks again to everyone

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thanks, being new to the brand, learning a lot from all posters. I was unaware that the exhaust was not from factory but rather dealer installed. Will have them check it out at next service in April.
thanks again to everyone
Nice car. Love the red stripes. Manual or auto? What extras do you have fitted?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thanks, it’s auto. Actually my first auto ever always had manual. Fortunately my summer car is a manual. Carbon mirrors, pro exhaust, carbon air vent on hood. Guess everything else is standard for top model.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thanks, it’s auto. Actually my first auto ever always had manual. Fortunately my summer car is a manual. Carbon mirrors, pro exhaus, carbon air vent on hood. Guess everything else is standard for top model.
nice one. I also have the auto, must admit coming from Italian manual and auto transmission sports cars, the mini auto transmission is one of the best. It works fast and seamlessly with the engine. The only criticism would be the plastic paddles. As soon as the GP3 paddles areavailable from the dealership, I will install a set. Drove a Alfa quadrifoglio last week and that had the alloy paddles, it makes a big difference in my opinion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, was at the autoshow yesterday and saw the Gp. Apparently the paddles are 3D printed. Have to agree the auto in sport mode is pretty darn good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
thanks again to everyone
My first non true manual also....im ok with it in sport plus.

Mini canada so far have been good for me - at least thro mini Richmond BC. dealer and mfg hand offs have been good
service bulletins and any faulty items have been fixed 'under warranty'
They proactively IDd them and asked if i was OK they were fixed. All during last scheduled oil change.

Might be worth if you ID when the last warranty oil service is - get a final 'free' look=see and any service warranties etc. (in a year, year and a half maybe for you).
Mini richmond just grabbed me to book mine before im off warranty this summer.

Agreed about the pro exhaust tho. i watched a review with the Toronto blog - the straight pipes - and had to have one with that sound!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts