Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow mini owners
Just joined the group new to mini but have had brief spell with a jcw that led me to buying my new cooper s sport

Sooooo the problem being the car just does not sound the same as any I've ever driven before exhaust note is shocking and very disappointed no pops or bangs ect been told this is due to the new PPF/opf filter in the exhaust

Question is has anyone removed this as I believe it's coded to the ECU and will require a flash/map upon removal made a few enquires only to be told the ecu is locked on new 2021 models so not actually able to map it out

Or is adding a back box delete an option will this gain the sounds back or again won't pop and bang

Any help or advise much appreciated

Registered
You can get a better exhaust sound by either modding or replacing with something like a Remus race, but none of that will bring back the pops and bangs unfortunately as it's coded to the ECU. 馃檨

Registered
2021 F56 S stick Paddy Hopkirk, '12 Coupe S, 13 Roadster S, 14 Countryman S
So here is another angle on the pop burble. If you sit in the car, start it, put in neutral, sport mode, punch and release the throttle you will get popo/burbles. If you drive you will often notice rev hang. (Accelerate in first, put in clutch, rpm fail to drop). I think that rpm behavior is related to the missing pop burble.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts