Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 F60 JCW in White Silver and Black.
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Toying with fitting a different rear exhaust system as factory one is way too quiet.
I have spoken with a couple of manufacturers and they say nothing currently available.
Done some research and found that Akrapovic list the same part number for the following cars -
2020 F60 Countryman JCW
2020 F54 Clubman JCW
2020 F40 BMW m135i
I can’t afford one of their system (and wouldn’t pay £3000 for an exhaust rear) but it now helps with other manufacturers offerings.
Thought I would share in case anyone else is looking.

Reactions: JCWNev

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lohen are listing three different systems for the F60 JCW. Remus are well thought of.

Cheers for that 👍
Looks like 2 of them are non-valved R60 exhausts and only the Remus is F54 / F60.
Strangely, I enquired at another well known supplier of Remus and they said they were not sure if the F54 would fit the F60 ??
The one I’m currently tempted by is the Cobra Sport - Venom which has no rear box at all.
Again these only list a BMW m135i version but they have offered to make something custom.
Now having seen the Remus info (thanks) and the Akrapovic then I will contact them again.
Cobra system looks like this -

·
Registered
11 Posts
Cheers for that 👍
Looks like 2 of them are non-valved R60 exhausts and only the Remus is F54 / F60.
Strangely, I enquired at another well known supplier of Remus and they said they were not sure if the F54 would fit the F60 ??
The one I’m currently tempted by is the Cobra Sport - Venom which has no rear box at all.
Again these only list a BMW m135i version but they have offered to make something custom.
Now having seen the Remus info (thanks) and the Akrapovic then I will contact them again.
Cobra system looks like this -

View attachment 72615
Hey did you manage to source anything?

I have a 2021 JCW All4 Countryman (F60) - I've been told the Remus F54 OPF/GPF Version will fit on the F60.

How many miles have you done? I'm only on 300 ish miles and it's sounding very poor, not sporty at all so I'm gonna go Remus I think.

Some YouTubers report that the exhaust does come alive as you gain the miles but I don't know if this is for none OFP models...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey did you manage to source anything?

I have a 2021 JCW All4 Countryman (F60) - I've been told the Remus F54 OPF/GPF Version will fit on the F60.

How many miles have you done? I'm only on 300 ish miles and it's sounding very poor, not sporty at all so I'm gonna go Remus I think.

Some YouTubers report that the exhaust does come alive as you gain the miles but I don't know if this is for none OFP models...
I’m still leaning towards the Cobra Venom system but with lockdown I haven’t followed it up yet - I will post when I have more info 👍

I’ve done about 1400 miles and still nothing good to say about the standard system.
The only decent sound it makes is when you restart it after a few minutes, then you get some nice grumbly pops and bangs for a second or two - sounds good on a petrol station forecourt after filling up 😁

Have you seen the Motech videos of the m135i’s they have with the Remus systems?
The later model with OPF (PPF) starts off with the Sport system and then they replace it with the Race version - still doesn’t sound great (better, but nothing like a pre OPF one).
One of the guys from Motech explains that a combination of the OPF and the factory tune of removing the over run feature (due to emissions/sound regulations) totally spoils the new cars like ours.
This is why I’m leaning towards the Cobra no box system - I still don’t think this will be mega loud as videos of their m135i just sound decent.

I might go down the remap route further down the line and decide at that point whether to have the pops and bangs coded in.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’m still leaning towards the Cobra Venom system but with lockdown I haven’t followed it up yet - I will post when I have more info 👍

I’ve done about 1400 miles and still nothing good to say about the standard system.
The only decent sound it makes is when you restart it after a few minutes, then you get some nice grumbly pops and bangs for a second or two - sounds good on a petrol station forecourt after filling up 😁

Have you seen the Motech videos of the m135i’s they have with the Remus systems?
The later model with OPF (PPF) starts off with the Sport system and then they replace it with the Race version - still doesn’t sound great (better, but nothing like a pre OPF one).
One of the guys from Motech explains that a combination of the OPF and the factory tune of removing the over run feature (due to emissions/sound regulations) totally spoils the new cars like ours.
This is why I’m leaning towards the Cobra no box system - I still don’t think this will be mega loud as videos of their m135i just sound decent.

I might go down the remap route further down the line and decide at that point whether to have the pops and bangs coded in.

Hope this helps.
Yeah, I have seen the videos, you don't get the pops and bangs but the sport system does sound much deeper and more prominent than the stock one in Sport. I'd take that over the stock one any day!

If Pops & Bangs can be coded one day that will be nice but I'm having to make peace with the fact they are never going to be there, just a louder deeper grumble would be nice.

Are you saying you didn't notice much change from 0 miles to where you are now? I was hoping I might get a bit more depth to it. I have turned off Active Sound (didn't like the idea of fake noise), just wanna get the most from the exhaust as possible...

Might take the plunge and go for the remus va motech...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I have seen the videos, you don't get the pops and bangs but the sport system does sound much deeper and more prominent than the stock one in Sport. I'd take that over the stock one any day!

If Pops & Bangs can be coded one day that will be nice but I'm having to make peace with the fact they are never going to be there, just a louder deeper grumble would be nice.

Are you saying you didn't notice much change from 0 miles to where you are now? I was hoping I might get a bit more depth to it. I have turned off Active Sound (didn't like the idea of fake noise), just wanna get the most from the exhaust as possible...

Might take the plunge and go for the remus va motech...
Sounds exactly the same as I want - just deeper louder sound !
Pops and bangs are OK to a degree but some cars sound awful in my opinion.
As for my car making more noise with more miles on the clock then I’d have to say nothing really noticeable, unfortunately !

Good Luck 👍

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sounds exactly the same as I want - just deeper louder sound !
Pops and bangs are OK to a degree but some cars sound awful in my opinion.
As for my car making more noise with more miles on the clock then I’d have to say nothing really noticeable, unfortunately !

Good Luck 👍
Yeah a few are ok :) think the Remus definitely does that!

Will see what happens... Motech are busy busy at the moment, 4 week waiting list...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm pretty disappointed with the exhaust sound from my new JCW countryman. I had a 2018 countryman that would pop and bang and had a good exhaust note in sport. The new one is a bit of a let down. The inside of the exhaust tips are like new, even after 4000miles, which just shows how well the OPF filter works, but it does kill the sound you'd expect from a JCW!

The fed in exhaust sound is also annoying me slightly now as I quite like the feel and response of the car in sport, but not too fussy about the in cabin noise from the speaker. I'm sure there's a way to turn that off in coding, if I decide to go down that route.

Would be keen to know what folks are fitting exhaust wise, as the standard is a bit disappointing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm pretty disappointed with the exhaust sound from my new JCW countryman. I had a 2018 countryman that would pop and bang and had a good exhaust note in sport. The new one is a bit of a let down. The inside of the exhaust tips are like new, even after 4000miles, which just shows how well the OPF filter works, but it does kill the sound you'd expect from a JCW!

The fed in exhaust sound is also annoying me slightly now as I quite like the feel and response of the car in sport, but not too fussy about the in cabin noise from the speaker. I'm sure there's a way to turn that off in coding, if I decide to go down that route.

Would be keen to know what folks are fitting exhaust wise, as the standard is a bit disappointing.
I decided to hold off in the end, while it sounds nothing like the older versions (pre OPF) it did start to come alive. Cold start you get a hole in the exhaust style grumble when it's warmed up it's nice and smooth with some depth to it still and is continuing to improve as the miles fall onto the clock.

Granted, still nothing like the older ones but for me, its got some grumble which is probs more my preference.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Whilst Remus is a option, it is not cheap. I will be going down the PCWMods backbox mod route. Paul is a legend (currently booked up to December anyway!!) And for £300 notes he will drop the exhaust, cut the backbox(s) from the top, and work his magic then w of back up…hey presto.

My JCW Countryman is due (at the mo) end Sept. He is hopefully opening up bookings in the next month, so get mine booked in ASAP

Check out all the vids on FB or Instagram

1 - 12 of 12 Posts