Mini Cooper Forum banner

181 - 200 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Looks like you have the “regular” digital instrument cluster, rather than the GP3 one that most folks seem to be retrofitting. Do you have a part number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seems the same to me. what does it make regular? logo?

·
Registered
182 Posts
This is also the gp3 instrument cluster, it has to do with the build, only works and gp3 will show the logo, other mini's show no logo and dots at the end off the rpm

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Hmmm GP3 cluster looks different in the U.S. It has red rings around the fuel gauge and tachometer, and it has the checkered redline markings.

·
Registered
182 Posts
looks the same like mine

Your’s looks like the top pic or the bottom pic, in this pic:

Top is GP3, bottom is Cooper/Cooper S. The GP3 one has red trim rings and the checkered redline markings. The regular one has white rings around fuel gauge and tach, and normal redline markings.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Your’s looks like the top pic or the bottom pic, in this pic:

View attachment 69807

Top is GP3, bottom is Cooper/Cooper S. The GP3 one has red trim rings and the checkered redline markings. The regular one has white rings around fuel gauge and tach, and normal redline markings.
Mine looks like the top pic, only works and gp3 has the checkered and red trims.
I think this is because you can set this in settings (jcw mode red ring)The part numbers are the same

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone. Great community here. We just took delivery of a 2020 hardtop, no nav or hud. Anyone else with a similar config eyeing up this retrofit? Any word on if it can be done (and at what level of effort) for our cars?

·
Registered
23 Posts
One question....

You ordered 62105a189d6 right? Looks like from an earlier picture.
You also don't have the HUD correct?
Yet in the picture of the back, it looks like it has the HUD connector. (the blue one)
On the older clusters there were two versions, a HUD version and a none hud version, but not sure that's true with the new cluster. I guess if it worked for you thats all that matters.

dan

·
Registered
87 Posts
So you mean to say. The unit i took out of my car... which is from 12-2015 has 4gb ram and all these years ppl talking about the black top evos are only 4gb (which even not all are hw3.1 seems also 2gb) have been lying? You can also check with Feature Installer to check the ram. There are probably also other ways, but feature installer shows ram before you can load fsc’s.

Look:
Hello Empo,
Today finally checked the nbtevo with FemtoEvo to see how many gb ram installed, you where wright, it has only 2gb.
So no carplay and id5 on this unit.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hello Empo,
Today finally checked the nbtevo with FemtoEvo to see how many gb ram installed, you where wright, it has only 2gb.
So no carplay and id5 on this unit.

Nope. You need to upgrade the hu and display..

·
Registered
2020 Mini F56 JCW
1 Posts
Where's the best place to get the display? Should I just get it from Gigamot along with the cable to avoid any hassle?

·
Registered
Mini Cooper D F55, 65 plate, deep blue with white roof
5 Posts
Pm me i can get you if you want. GP/JCW, Regular (s), Diesel (sd). I can get them all relatively fast.
Hi Empo, couple of quick questions (and apologies if these have been answered - I've looked but couldn't find anything).

1. Will this work with a 2015 F55 Cooper D?
2. Is it plug and play? And if so, how easy is it to install? And does it need coding through Bimmercode or e-sys?
3. Do you ship to the UK, and if so what would be the cost?

I asked the guy from YouTube but he only ships to Malaysia :(

181 - 200 of 209 Posts