Mini Cooper Forum banner

261 - 271 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
Mini Cooper (non-S) F56 - 2019
19 Posts
@empo I as at a Mini Dealer and they checked at the BMW Air System to compare de wiring connection of my Analog Cluster with the GP3 Digital cluster connection wiring.
Surprisingly both wiring diagram of GP3 Digital Cluster and my Cooper (non-S) 2019 Analog Cluster has the same connections.
That lead us to believe that my car already has the MOST cable.
We also checked by Head Unit, and shows it as being HU-B, this is also known as ENTRY MEDIA (since I don’t have Navigation System).

Do you believe with that, I could install de Digital Cluster doing the proper coding only?

·
Registered
211 Posts
@empo I as at a Mini Dealer and they checked at the BMW Air System to compare de wiring connection of my Analog Cluster with the GP3 Digital cluster connection wiring.
Surprisingly both wiring diagram of GP3 Digital Cluster and my Cooper (non-S) 2019 Analog Cluster has the same connections.
That lead us to believe that my car already has the MOST cable.
We also checked by Head Unit, and shows it as being HU-B, this is also known as ENTRY MEDIA (since I don’t have Navigation System).

Do you believe with that, I could install de Digital Cluster doing the proper coding only?
You need to be sure you have most on your hu. If no most no digital kombi... open it and check

·
Registered
19 Posts
You need to be sure you have most on your hu. If no most no digital kombi... open it and check
@empo I will ask the Mini Dealer to check on the Air System, by checking my specific VIM to determine if there is a MOST cable going out of my HU.

Is my Head Unit version (HU-B ENTRY MEDIA) a blocker for this project (installing the Digital Cluster)?

As I said the wiring diagram of my current analog cluster is the same as the GP3 car. So looks like there is a MOST running from my Cluster to the HU.

I believe another easy way to check is to remove the current cluster and check if there is a most cable there. Right?

·
Registered
211 Posts
You dont have most going in current cluster. Another way to test is to try enable Most in fdl coding. If it fails you dont have most..

·
Registered
2 Posts
[QUOTE = "hacunha, publicación: 836690, miembro: 64952"]
[USER = 59073] @empo [/ USER] Le pediré al Mini Concesionario que verifique el sistema de aire, verificando mi VIM específico para determinar si hay un cable MOST saliendo de mi HU.

¿La versión de mi unidad principal (HU-B ENTRY MEDIA) es un bloqueador para este proyecto (instalación de Digital Cluster)?

Como dije, el diagrama de cableado de mi grupo analógico actual es el mismo que el del automóvil GP3. Así que parece que hay un MOST corriendo desde mi Cluster a la HU.

Creo que otra forma fácil de verificar es eliminar el grupo actual y verificar si hay más cable allí. ¿Correcto?
[/ CITAR]
if you don’t have hud, with entrynav you don’t have Most, the digital cluster will work ,the only difference is that you won’t have the navigation indications in the digital cluster,

·
Registered
19 Posts
@starky ... My Mini does not have HUD. Also, my car does not have Navigation.
Does that mean I don’t need MOST to have Digital Cluster working?

Of course, since I don’t have HUD and Navigation, I will not have navigation instructions on the Digital Cluster. But this is ok.

I just want to know if I can swap my current cluster with the new digital, do the coding and enjoy the it.

Do you know if this is possible?

Thanks,
Henrique

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hola, si configuras un nuevo mini en miniusa.com, puedes comprobar que con la radio visual boost, el clúster digital es estándar, como es el caso del nuevo f60.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hola, si configuras un nuevo mini en miniusa.com, puedes comprobar que con la radio visual boost, el clúster digital es estándar, como es el caso del nuevo f60.
But that does not answer the question if the most cable is needed, because it may be that when the digital cluster comes, the head unit carries most, as is happening when you buy the car with the head up display.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Got the partnumber for the diesel cluster

62105A189D0

Will order mine soon i hope.... need to save some money first
I am interested in this! as Mini Cooper no longer has a diesel model how will the multifunctional display work? I am interested in purchasing! This forum has gone a long way since I last visited, looks amazing now!!!

261 - 271 of 271 Posts