Mini Cooper Forum banner
281 - 300 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a mini cooper S 5 door 2021 with a ~6.5 screen size VIN WMWXU9100M2P11680. I would like to upgrade the speedo screen to PETROL INSTRUMENT PANEL DIGITAL TFT CLUSTER, but the radio doesn't have optic connector.
My radio include touch screen with apple car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello to everyone, I have baught the cluster , my car didn’t have optic fiber so I baught the central navi unit with optical fiber and the big screan , also the MOST cable I have some questions
1) do I have to dismount the clima dash and put the navi cables ? Or it will work with the exist cables ?
2) where can I find the u part in the MOST cable that goes to central unit to make a good conention?
when I do all of that 😂, I also have an obd2 Bluetooth instrument that connects with BimmerCode and I can do the programm , but I must find out what to change !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello to everyone, I have baught the cluster , my car didn’t have optic fiber so I baught the central navi unit with optical fiber and the big screan , also the MOST cable I have some questions
1) do I have to dismount the clima dash and put the navi cables ? Or it will work with the exist cables ?
2) where can I find the u part in the MOST cable that goes to central unit to make a good conention?
when I do all of that 😂, I also have an obd2 Bluetooth instrument that connects with BimmerCode and I can do the programm , but I must find out what to change !
Some photos

·
Registered
34 Posts
First off all is the new system unlocked and ready to use? Off not than it needs to be flashed to the car. Don’t use a emulator it fucks things up for the Kombi.
when the new HeadUnit is operational you can plug-in the MOsT cable. Iff you bought a quality cable it will come with two connectors attached. One for in the combi (big one) and one smaler one for in the headunit.
To code the Kombi you need esys and a enet cable. Bimmerapp won’t do the job!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Question, step by step ,do I need to use the navi cables View attachment 71732 o

or the exist cables will do View attachment 71733
I would not use this old nbt (cic) unit on your car. Colors of the screen are fade and the unit is outdated. You must use an evo id4 or newer id5 4gb unit. And if you still want to use the old nbt dont use it with an adapter in between, just connect the quadlock and code the unit by changing the vin and injecting an id4 fsc pack over usb.

If your car is 2015-7 + this cic is not recommended at all. This unit was installed on early f56 55 minis from 2014 to 2015-06

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ndal2 is from the same country with me , I read all the post and he knows to help me , but maybe he didn’t see the post , hope to help or someone with same knowledge

·
Registered
29 Posts
The problem with the panel is, that for owners of a diesel, the markings regarding the rpm red zone will not be correct. So for a diesel you will need a special version of that cluster. Sadly, it seems like that is not available. People go for the GP, which will work for the JCW and maybe for the gasoline engines, but not for the diesels. Also not for the 3-cylinders or the SE.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The problem with the panel is, that for owners of a diesel, the markings regarding the rpm red zone will not be correct. So for a diesel you will need a special version of that cluster. Sadly, it seems like that is not available. People go for the GP, which will work for the JCW and maybe for the gasoline engines, but not for the diesels. Also not for the 3-cylinders or the SE.
If the GP digital cluster works for the Cooper S, then why wouldn’t it work for the Cooper? The Cooper and Cooper S share the same instrument clusters 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
252 Posts
For anyone who’s done this retrofit to a car without the HUD, where’d you source the MOST cable? I ordered a recommended one from eBay and it’s been over a month that it’s been in transit (from China) and I’m not confident that it will actually arrive.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If the GP digital cluster works for the Cooper S, then why wouldn’t it work for the Cooper? The Cooper and Cooper S share the same instrument clusters 🤷🏻‍♂️
I was talking Diesel. Sorry, I phrased that wrong. They work, no doubt. But the diesel revs lower than the gas engine. That is the same thing that makes the rev counter in the HUD kinda weird, because it is designed for the gas engine, and the diesel will hit red earlier. So again, it definitely will work with some coding. It will just not look right.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I was talking Diesel. Sorry, I phrased that wrong. They work, no doubt. But the diesel revs lower than the gas engine. That is the same thing that makes the rev counter in the HUD kinda weird, because it is designed for the gas engine, and the diesel will hit red earlier. So again, it definitely will work with some coding. It will just not look right.
Dude there is a diesel version i can get them all

·
Registered
146 Posts
For anyone who’s done this retrofit to a car without the HUD, where’d you source the MOST cable? I ordered a recommended one from eBay and it’s been over a month that it’s been in transit (from China) and I’m not confident that it will actually arrive.
I can sent you one
Wood Networking cables Automotive tire Font Cable

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

281 - 300 of 340 Posts