Mini Cooper Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Alright, so I have some info on this retrofit. I got in contact with Gigamot via a German MINI Forum. I asked them about this cable and their reply was that it’s a 50cm cable that connects from the Gauge Cluster to the Navi and is priced 39,90 €. I then asked them if this was an OEM MINI cable or an aftermarket cable and their response was that it was a cable made by their company, Gigamot.

I’m wondering what this particular cable does. I assume it allows for Navigation Directions to display on the actual Gauge Cluster, similar to a BMW, and for media information to possibly display on there too?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Alright, so I have some info on this retrofit. I got in contact with Gigamot via a German MINI Forum. I asked them about this cable and their reply was that it’s a 50cm cable that connects from the Gauge Cluster to the Navi and is priced 39,90 €. I then asked them if this was an OEM MINI cable or an aftermarket cable and their response was that it was a cable made by their company, Gigamot.

I’m wondering what this particular cable does. I assume it allows for Navigation Directions to display on the actual Gauge Cluster, similar to a BMW, and for media information to possibly display on there too?

View attachment 68980
So I guess the question then becomes, will they sell the wiring harness separately, for those of us who aren't in Europe? Then we just need to get part #'s for the cluster and find a dealer willing to actually sell them in the U.S.!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Anyone have part numbers for the TFT Display? Looking to retrofit this in my 2020 Clubman JCW.

Also, I stumbled upon this forum thread with some more details and another more in-depth video.

Vorbestellung - Display MINI GP3 für MINI Fxx - MINI F56 ForuH
Anyone have part numbers for the TFT Display? Looking to retrofit this in my 2020 Clubman JCW.

Also, I stumbled upon this forum thread with some more details and another more in-depth video.

Vorbestellung - Display MINI GP3 für MINI Fxx - MINI F56 Forum
Hey there,
I have the european part number for you (km/H instead of mph) 62105A0E2C3 and for the sheet metal screw 07119907274
I don’t know if its plug & play

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey there,
I have the european part number for you (km/H instead of mph) 62105A0E2C3 and for the sheet metal screw 07119907274
I don’t know if its plug & play
Thanks! Seems that part is available pretty readily in the U.S. from a number of vendors. It's not as expensive as I assumed it would be, either. Now, to find the U.S. part # with MPH...

·
Registered
154 Posts
That appears to be a Cooper SE instrument cluster. The SE has a unique cluster due to it being an electric vehicle, so that wouldn’t work in a Cooper, Cooper S, or JCW.

·
Registered
25 Posts
New LCD instrument cluster installation most probably will be a plug and play solution with coding if we have head up display and sat-nav. The additional cable which Gigamot referring is MOST ( fiber cable ) from NBT. It is required only if you don't have an existing fiber cable from Head Unit to Instrument cluster. This is what i think....
PIC-005.png PIC-001.jpg PIC-002.jpg PIC-004.png PIC-005.png PIC-001.jpg PIC-002.jpg PIC-004.png PIC-005.JPG A71*2B

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think you may be onto something, because if I’m not mistaken, in retrofitting BMW’s with the 6WB cluster I think it’s PnP if the car already has the MOST connection, but needs a wiring harness if not. Using my car as an example (2019 F57 with navigation but no HUD), I’m thinking the MOST connection isn’t there. In fact, when I installed the Click and Drive I had to pull the instrument cluster and I only recall one connection on the back. So maybe cars with navigation and HUD will truly be PnP and just need coding? But cars without nav and/or without HUD will need the wiring harness AND coding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
154 Posts
I’ll add that I think this is why there are several variants of both the old and new clusters, because it is (to some extent) dependent on vehicle equipment. This is why I wish we could find a dealer or someone who works at a dealer to help with sourcing appropriate part #’s (given that they’re not available in places like realoem.com).

·
Registered
25 Posts
As per Gigamot, it is plug and Play for vehicles with navigation equipped with head-up. A fiber optic cable is required for vehicles with "only" navigation.
Part Number for GP3 : 62105A189D6
For Electric : 62105A0E2C3

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
As per Gigamot, it is plug and Play for vehicles with navigation equipped with head-up. A fiber optic cable is required for vehicles with "only" navigation.
Part Number for GP3 : 62105A189D6
For Electric : 62105A0E2C3
Great, I have HUD and Nav but it’s the coding that somebody needs to clarify...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
374 Posts
Someone from France on NewMiniLondon (on insta) had this fitted this week on a F56 JCW . All works and looks good!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Vincent, your car has the HUD, correct? Did you have to add the fiber optic MOST cable to get the new instrument cluster to work?

21 - 40 of 62 Posts