Mini Cooper Forum banner

101 - 120 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
OK I’m a bit confused. You need both the fiber optic cable you picked up from eBay, and the part # above? Can you clarify exactly what needs to be purchased for cars without the HUD? You get the fiber optic cable and remove the cables from the plug that comes on the cables, put the two cables in the part # you found from the SE (for folks in the U.S.), and then that will plug into the quad lock connector on the back of the head unit? What about the plug on the digital instrument cluster?

Regarding the cluster itself, there are three (maybe four versions, for diesels). The SE, the GP3, and other petrol models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello,
someone placed a link for the cable, and i purchased it.
It was a y-adapter cable, and not useable for the mini's most connection in the quad lock.
This was a part made in China, the plug's where baked and no small plug inside the other plug.
When i have all the parts, i make pictures from the cable that you need for the quad lock side and the digital instrument cluster.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
I bought 2 cables. all from different sellers. all do the job fine.
I installed the cluster past friday and works fine. for those who dont have fiber going to their headunit u will only need a 2-way cable. I bought the y splitted one and removed the female connector. One with 40cm length at least.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hello,
someone placed a link for the cable, and i purchased it.
It was a y-adapter cable, and not useable for the mini's most connection in the quad lock.
This was a part made in China, the plug's where baked and no small plug inside the other plug.
When i have all the parts, i make pictures from the cable that you need for the quad lock side and the digital instrument cluster.

now it's oke

on the right Chinese one, on the left original 2 pieces

·
Registered
78 Posts
now it's oke

on the right Chinese one, on the left original 2 pieces

this seller has the good cable

·
Registered
165 Posts
this seller has the good cable

So you need that cable, the digital cluster, and coding to add the 6WB option code to the VO. Then everything works?

Several sellers in the U.S. have that cable for sale, for example:

·
Registered
78 Posts
So you need that cable, the digital cluster, and coding to add the 6WB option code to the VO. Then everything works?

Several sellers in the U.S. have that cable for sale, for example:

Yes, everything will work.
Friday after work i will give it a go, and Saterday i do the coding, after that i post some pictures

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes, everything will work.
Friday after work i will give it a go, and Saterday i do the coding, after that i post some pictures

I would highly appreciate it if you could Please share pics of every details including removing the interior part and where to plug the cable..ect

·
Registered
140 Posts
I noticed a code to change the tacho band to differend kmh than 260. I could send u the code list later to examine if you are interested ;)
Yea please. Send me the cafd of the tacho maybe there is something like “petrol/diesel” or something hahaha. I guess it just responds to VO codes but if there is nothing for diesels yet we will have to wait for a higher istep which includes the changes. That will probably be the case when bmw/mini releases a diesel with the tachometer in it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
OMG...... coding is a hell of a job on these mini's.
Some people say, o no problem, but.....
If you have id4 evo , it can be that your most is not working (red light)you have to code the head unit to work, then you need to have a Fa file from another car to make the connection between headunit and digital instrument cluster, and then you get other things not working anymore. So for now (after almost 5 hours of coding and compliments for the coders of poland and egypt)We can say that weve coded almost for 90% a lot off stuff is working now.
So only 6wb coding will not do it!!!
Some people ask me, how to set mph instead of kmh, you don't need a computer, you can change that with the left handle in settings, this was allready possible on a mini R serie, because now you have digital only and not a meter in the middle.
Also people wanted to know if its possible to code the, for example, jcw logo on the tft screen, after coding, the car will automaticly show on the screen jcw or gp, probably (could not check) not working for cooper one and cooper S.
Also keep in mind when you vo code your car, almost everything you coded with bimmercode will disappear, so you have to recode it all.
Next week on saturday we will code the last things, and when everything is working i will post a whatsapp number so you can contact a coder for remotly coding (this is not for free, because a lot of time is invest in this, but you know it is 100% working)
So this you cannot compare with coding a bmw!!
IMG_5391.jpg

101 - 120 of 162 Posts