Mini Cooper Forum banner

121 - 140 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Wow it’s going to put a lot of people off doing it themselves as it’s so tricky! Well done for doing it yourself though it looks good so far! Hopefully you get it 100% working!

·
Registered
165 Posts
OMG...... coding is a hell of a job on these mini's.
Some people say, o no problem, but.....
If you have id4 evo , it can be that your most is not working (red light)you have to code the head unit to work, then you need to have a Fa file from another car to make the connection between headunit and digital instrument cluster, and then you get other things not working anymore. So for now (after almost 5 hours of coding and compliments for the coders of poland and egypt)We can say that weve coded almost for 90% a lot off stuff is working now.
So only 6wb coding will not do it!!!
Some people ask me, how to set mph instead of kmh, you don't need a computer, you can change that with the left handle in settings, this was allready possible on a mini R serie, because now you have digital only and not a meter in the middle.
Also people wanted to know if its possible to code the, for example, jcw logo on the tft screen, after coding, the car will automaticly show on the screen jcw or gp, probably (could not check) not working for cooper one and cooper S.
Also keep in mind when you vo code your car, almost everything you coded with bimmercode will disappear, so you have to recode it all.
Next week on saturday we will code the last things, and when everything is working i will post a whatsapp number so you can contact a coder for remotly coding (this is not for free, because a lot of time is invest in this, but you know it is 100% working)
So this you cannot compare with coding a bmw!! View attachment 69634

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Do you have an older F5X? I’m wondering if that’s why you ran into coding issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
It could be that, I installed mine today and I cannot even read the Kombi on ESYS so I am currrently trying to figure out the next step.

I have a 2014.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Do you have an older F5X? I’m wondering if that’s why you ran into coding issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, december 2015, but I think its because I have no HUD, so there's no need of most functioning

·
Registered
78 Posts
Wow it’s going to put a lot of people off doing it themselves as it’s so tricky! Well done for doing it yourself though it looks good so far! Hopefully you get it 100% working!
A lot of coders worked on it, I am certain that I was not able to do it by myself

·
Registered
140 Posts
Some key elements are important to make it work, i think:

1. Latest istep
2. Nbt evo HU. Not NBT. I think id4 is fine just make sure its an evo. Although I had an F55 early 2015 with nbt and hud so maybe im wrong.
3. When coding the screen set date to 2020 in you FA, maybe that works.

I think the installation will be easiest if you already have an nbt evo with id5/6. And setting dates in FA can have a huge impact. I had my date on 0320 forgot to set it back to oem date. Coded the bdc and fked up whole wiring map to my tail lights. It seems that LCI has a completely different map than pre lci f54.

·
Registered
78 Posts

1. Latest istep
2. Nbt evo HU. Not NBT. I think id4 is fine just make sure its an evo. Although I had an F55 early 2015 with nbt and hud so maybe im wrong.

I think the installation will be easiest if you already have an nbt evo with id5/6. And setting dates in FA can have a huge impact. I had my date on 0320 forgot to set it back to oem date. Coded the bdc and fked up whole wiring map to my tail lights. It seems that LCI has a completely different map than pre lci f54.
The only thing I have to put back now are my driving modes, further everything works

·
Registered
78 Posts

1. Latest istep

Empo, you helpt me yesterday with Piotr

·
Registered
54 Posts
Looks like the 'Digital Cockpit' is now available as part of the Nav Plus Pack on new-build models in the UK (including petrol and diesel models). Spotted on the UK configurator.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Looks like the 'Digital Cockpit' is now available as part of the Nav Plus Pack on new-build models in the UK (including petrol and diesel models). Spotted on the UK configurator.
Jep here in NL also on the LCI countryman the digital cockpit is included on petrol and diesel. But i am unable to find the partnumber for the tft for the diesel model. The new countryman/lci is not included in etk or parts webshop yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yea spotted that, Do you think we will be able to get it retro-fitted at dealers, my "s" is only 4 months old so would not want to screw up the warranty.

121 - 140 of 162 Posts