Mini Cooper Forum banner

161 - 180 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yes for 100% sure about that

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
So for newer cars (LCI cars) that already have the most recent version of the navigation head unit, is it just a matter of adding the 6WB option code to the VO? Or, is there additional coding changes that are needed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
So for newer cars (LCI cars) that already have the most recent version of the navigation head unit, is it just a matter of adding the 6WB option code to the VO? Or, is there additional coding changes that are needed?

Newer cars, I think only kombi and 6wb, maybe some parts BDC (not sure about bdc)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oke.... last parts coded and allmost everything is working.
Except the navigation displayed on the digi teller, to make this work you have to have Id5+ (id5) because id4 will not work with the digital instrument cluster.
In my case I have to update from id4 to id5 or to id6, this is possible because my headunit has the id4++ with 4 gb of ram.
If you want to know what kind of headunit you have, you have to get the display in the middle removed and then remove the box, there's a sticker on the back with a number...
HW 2.3 and HB B140 this HB number will tell you how much ram you have, in this case B140 and all other B1xx have 2 gb ram,
I have HB B245, all units with B2xx have 4 gb ram.And this info is for a HU NBT EVO
So when I have sparetime I will also flash the unit.

you missed something so. Nav instructions is working with ID4. That’s what I have. Be sure to close your HUD. Cannot have nav instructions on both hud and cluster at the same time. Same for audio controls.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Works the same way if you added most cable and coded the right way nav is showing in cluster. Doesn’t matter if ID4 or 5/6. I also managed to get it with first NBT (2014-07/2015).
Maybe its possible that the lighting cable's inside the plug are switched, because i had to change the small plug.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The guy who can add the dash

Piotr coded my F57 LCI last night with little fuss . Works as it should with full functionality

For the cost I’m actually a little underwhelmed as it’s not a patch on the BMW digital dashes !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks. Others can too - I just hadn’t heard of Piotr. Glad to see your Navi showing up. Guillermo’s up next.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The guy who can add the dash

Piotr coded my F57 LCI last night with little fuss . Works as it should with full functionality

For the cost I’m actually a little underwhelmed as it’s not a patch on the BMW digital dashes !
The cost for the digital dash is around £500 give or take £30. Now compare that to the price of the 8.8 touchscreen display (just the screen nothing else!), I was quoted £2,500 for this from a Mini main dealer!!!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Just a thought, I wonder if MINI/BMW will upgrade the look (make it full digital) the TFT dash display with the launch of the JCW LCI 2 2021, or will it be what we are familiar with?

·
Registered
51 Posts
This was the GP3 version , part number was given to me by Mini Technical

As Piotr does more work he may well be able to reconfigure the display

·
Registered
87 Posts
Looks like you have the “regular” digital instrument cluster, rather than the GP3 one that most folks seem to be retrofitting. Do you have a part number?

This is also the gp3 instrument cluster, it has to do with the build, only works and gp3 will show the logo, other mini's show no logo and dots at the end off the rpm

161 - 180 of 209 Posts