Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
after 7 long months the waiting ended last week and i am now really enjoying my new countryman; being my first ever MINI i am actually quite impressed by its driving dynamics and the quality feel of it. The “Union Jack” rear leds are unique!!!
However…the infotainment without Carplay is a huge deficit of the car…
So,does anybody knows how to activate Carplay??
Thnx and always
Enjoy your MINIs

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am in the same boat as you 2022 Hatch with no CarPlay.

I have not checked yet, but from what I have been told, you will need to confirm if your head unit has a port for a Wifi antenna. (By removing the head unit and checking for a pink(?) port)

If it does, it should be possible to purchase and fit the antenna, and then code in CarPlay.

I am still researching this subject so happy to be corrected if anybody knows better.

Thanks!

·
Registered
477 Posts
I am in the same boat as you 2022 Hatch with no CarPlay.

I have not checked yet, but from what I have been told, you will need to confirm if your head unit has a port for a Wifi antenna. (By removing the head unit and checking for a pink(?) port)

If it does, it should be possible to purchase and fit the antenna, and then code in CarPlay.

I am still researching this subject so happy to be corrected if anybody knows better.

Thanks!
Hi - if you send me your vin, I can check to see if you have the necessary hardware for Carplay, and can provide possible ways of adding CarPlay depending on your car’s hardware. You don’t need to remove your headunit to check for the WiFi/wlan port.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi - if you send me your vin, I can check to see if you have the necessary hardware for Carplay, and can provide possible ways of adding CarPlay depending on your car’s hardware. You don’t need to remove your headunit to check for the WiFi/wlan port.
Hi there, I have just you a message with my VIN.

Hopefully you can do a better job than the guy I used before who was unable to determine with my VIN alone.

(He was an ex MINI Master Tech too!)

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks (y)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi JAJ123, thnx for sharing your experience,
its quite frustrating that we have to remove???!!! the head unit….
i was told yesterday by the local dealer that i have to look for an after market solution as MINI cannot do anything with it…
im also researching on it…
there must be an easier way to do it.
Hopefully sb2002 wil be helpful

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi ALX,

No problem!

I agree, which is why I have avoided removing for now. (Although it does look like a fairly simple job)

I do have concerns regarding warranty and coding, but it will be interesting to see what sb2002 says nonetheless.

J

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
same here regarding the possibility of warranty violation and coding and also preventing any potential damage to the screen by removing the outer part of the infotainment.
so lets wait for sb2002

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
any news on the carplay activation?
the local MINI dealer insists that there’s no way to be activated ( at least on 2022 model) unless it comes ready from the factory.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts