Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2023 F60 JCW - White Silver
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the F60 Countryman JCW doesn't come with a spare tire, nor does it have the option to equip one if so desired. The car has run flat tires which eliminates the ability to option a spare during configuration.

I did however notice that you can option one for a Cooper S Countryman, even with ALL4 selected (I thought maybe it was a differential/space issue, but apparently not).

My question is, can I retrofit my 2023 F60 JCW to have that space saver spare? Has anyone tried it before? I imagine the hardware is all the same, my only reservation is the tie down nut. How would I anchor the spare to the floor of the car? There must be something else that has to be added beneath the cargo floor to accommodate the spare.

I know the car comes with run flats but I rather be prepared and have a spare than be left out in the middle of no where without one.

· Registered
2023 F60 JCW
2 Posts
So I checked with my dealer since I'm in the same boat. Looks like the F60 spare is only for non-jcw cars. I've looked around and haven't found anything tire shops that have a spare that will fit the large calipers in the back. You're either stuck with full size which won't fit under the floor space, or maybe find a similar size that's narrower and has rims that will fit, but that's probably a really tall order.

· Registered
621 Posts
One problem could be the big front brake.

· Registered
576 Posts
Need to get one in your hands to offer one up to caliper, a wheel spacer and longer bolts could be a solution if you have clearance?

· Registered
2023 F60 JCW
2 Posts
I may need to stop by and shoot the breeze with a tire shop and see what they might come up with. I'm pretty handy myself but it'll be much easier talking to someone that does this for a living.

· Premium Member
F56 JCW and Classic
1,105 Posts
Ultimately I wouldn't bother, I've never needed to fit a spare in over 25 years of driving, I don't carry a spare tyre on my bike either.

Run flats will be more than likely fine if you have a puncture. Standard tyres and a puncture repair kit will probably fix it.

One problem could be the big front brake.
Need to get one in your hands to offer one up to caliper, a wheel spacer and longer bolts could be a solution if you have clearance?
It doesn't matter just fit the spare to the rear and put the rear on the front.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts