Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a 210 works cooper S, with the mini dealer fitted JCW Pro Exhaust and button. Up until last week all has been fine, but now when I double click the button to activate the exhaust I get 5 flashes and then intermittent flash, which to me suggests all is fine, but there is no change in engine note or response. I have tried changing the battery, but no luck. Anyone have any ideas??
Thanks

·
Registered
845 Posts
Look inside the right-hand exhaust pipe to see if the valve is opening fully.

You should definitely hear a change in sound, but the valve alone won't make an appreciable difference to performance or throttle response.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The similar Abarth Monza exhaust valve shaft is known to stick due to carbon buildup. There was a spray solvent cure mentioned on a FIAT forum. The JCW valve should open and close almost instantly with the fob button. You can check for this with engine running. Bluetooth pairing might need to be redone if all else fails. I'm just guessing but there should be a procedure to re-sync the fob to car's exhaust.

·
Registered
845 Posts
There is a procedure to re-pair the remote but it sounds like it's paired just fine as it's it's giving the initial flashes to signal that the valve is open, and also the intermittent flashes which signal it's still open.

You don't need to engine running...just hit the start button without pressing the clutch to get the electrics up and running. You can then press the remote and watch what's happening inside the exhaust without getting a lung full of fumes. :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Good point about the fumes, Lol!

I don't know if this is applicable for the OP's dealer installed exhaust. The recent standard JCW exhaust valve that activates in sport mode makes a distinct chirp when the valve opens. Maybe another confirmation to check for?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a procedure to re-pair the remote but it sounds like it's paired just fine as it's it's giving the initial flashes to signal that the valve is open, and also the intermittent flashes which signal it's still open.

You don't need to engine running...just hit the start button without pressing the clutch to get the electrics up and running. You can then press the remote and watch what's happening inside the exhaust without getting a lung full of fumes. :)
thanks and apologies for not acknowledging sooner. I can confirm the exhaust valve does not move. I’m thinking dealership time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts