Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
According to CarWow, the only new MINIs available to order through them are the Clubman and Countryman, as the 3 door, 5 door and convertible are "no longer in production".
All models are still shown on MINI UK's own configurator, but CarWow are usually ahead of the game so I have no reason to doubt them.
I assume all existing orders will be met.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It looks as if the new platform is going to be introduced in the early part of 2023 with the old orders being flushed out of the system.

I suspect that once this is done, the factories will need to be retooled and processes revalidated, so production will stop for a while. In the meantime, the plant in China will ramp up to produce the new Cooper SE (previous made at Oxford) with the ICE Minis made in Oxford.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks as if the new platform is going to be introduced in the early part of 2023 with the old orders being flushed out of the system.
I'd agree with that.
So by the time I get my F55 (supposedly arriving in December, ordered in April) it will be pretty much the previous generation model.
Great!

·
Registered
2021 F56 S stick Paddy Hopkirk, 13 Roadster S, 14 Countryman S
180 Posts
I am in the same boat. Arrival in November. Got one of the last White Silver ones before that color (and Pepper White) were no longer available. Spy shots seem to show the new one with a large center circular display in the center. Did not seem to have many buttons. No digital dash in front of the steering wheel, so maybe heads up for stuff? The new one will have a shorter front overhang, with unknown design language. Still happy with my pick.

·
Registered
509 Posts
currently happier with the older version also, but this has happened to me with every generation, which perhaps says far more about me than the cars….:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Snufkin

·
Registered
2021 F56 S stick Paddy Hopkirk, 13 Roadster S, 14 Countryman S
180 Posts
Buying the last of a series can be a very very good thing. For the F56/55, initial years had crank walk requiring new engines, main wire harness rot in the upper right engine bay requiring re-loom ($3k?), control arm bushing that wore was fast like 30k miles, upper engine mount that fails at 30k mile intervals for some, maybe more. As far as I undestand, the loom was fixed in maybe 2018, better engine mount September 2020 about, control arm bushings re-engineered. So not a lot of very common things I know of excempt door jam paint wear. But, lots I don't know so please take all that with a grain of salt.

[edit Oh, and the automatic gear selector position switch on autos with cables, not the electronic shifter. Can require whole new shifter assembly]

·
Registered
509 Posts
I suspect same engine in new platforms with additional hybrid gubbins to tick some random boxes

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like CarWow jumped the gun as they are now again showing all models available to order. But if you follow it through and ask for quotes, they say that very few are available "due to supply issues" and suggest alternatives (Audi A1, Peugeot 208, etc).

They have updated the colour options to include Melting Silver and Nanuq White and remove Pepper White, White Silver and Moonwalk Grey.
Bizarrely the official MINI configurator still hasn't changed its colour options.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Buying the last of a series can be a very very good thing. For the F56/55, initial years had crank walk requiring new engines, main wire harness rot in the upper right engine bay requiring re-loom ($3k?), control arm bushing that wore was fast like 30k miles, upper engine mount that fails at 30k mile intervals for some, maybe more. As far as I undestand, the loom was fixed in maybe 2018, better engine mount September 2020 about, control arm bushings re-engineered. So not a lot of very common things I know of excempt door jam paint wear. But, lots I don't know so please take all that with a grain of salt.
Wow, I didn't know all that. I thought the F generation models were supposed to be pretty good apart from that annoying door jam paint rub.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts