Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had one of those cheap chips (£50 off ebay) on my Astra GTC and noticed a vast improvement on both BHP and Fuel Economy. Just plugged it onto the connector on the commonrail and it was away, no problems at all in 3 years.

Hints/tips/advice/experiences on MCS please ?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had one of those cheap chips (£50 off ebay) on my Astra GTC and noticed a vast improvement on both BHP and Fuel Economy. Just plugged it onto the connector on the commonrail and it was away, no problems at all in 3 years.

Hints/tips/advice/experiences on MCS please ?
There have been many YouTube educational videos on what these ebay chips do or dont do. I would say this, you need to know what they are doing to make that power otherwise youre asking for trouble. I prefer to stay with what i know works for 250-350 more dollars and save the possibility of a high repair bill from changing a parameter not to be meddled with. Check out the video below from mighty car mods.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Best choices IMO are NM Engineering, JB4, or Dinan. Not necessarily in that order. All have proven to be reliable HP multipliers. Many threads on line related to these particular brands. There are some others available on the EU market, but I'm not familiar with them. I am running the NM on my car and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hits exactly on those cheap chips (good watch).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.