Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Intriguing - the JCW 2dr hatch with ECU remap can just about achieve 290 but I expect the S will max out around 260.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Afraid your completely wrong, check the data reading on the car on the Celtic Tuning web site, initial remap produced 284 bhp and 293 ft lbs of torque, added to that full Miltek race exhaust with BMC race intake and we achieve slightly over 300 bhp and 331 ft lb torque. Also check out Performsnce Torque they where achieving 288 bhp from standard 2ltr Mini Cooper s

·
Registered
213 Posts
you mean they claim to be achiving those figures, they will throw in the usual disclaimers about every car being different and when you question it they will point out your still getting more than standard :) Im not bothered about numbers more how the car feels to you, but the only way to independantly test these things is to go to several (ala more than one) dyno on the same day and run under the same conditions and you should get similar figures (depending on dyno manufacturer e.g. dynojet/mustang). Id never believe the figures people quote on their websites but if you want to and you then get burned by a 330d with less power than you dont be suprised :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Throw in an Armytrix Performace Valvetronic exhaust and shoot some flames like the Batmobile :)

http://youtu.be/IEuiwaS0orM

I don't want to disrespect anyone and everybody should feel free to do with their car what they want but what's the point of having 300 hp if you can't get the front wheels to handle it? Like mentioned by Panch and myself in an earlier reply. In stock trim the MCS already has trouble with 192 hp if you are not in perfect driving conditions. Out on the open road it's overkill and I doubt you'll be any quicker on a curvy road.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hmm I must agree a slip diff will def reduce the torque steer of my 318bhp on my f56 JCW, however it isnt a deal breaker and I can handle it just fine. The JCW in my opinion was made to be modded, why else would it have been so easy for me to do everything myself. I didn’t need new brakes, larger fuel lines, a slip diff, a new clutch...I needed none of that. I got a tune, swapped out some pipes, and bam 318bhp. My cars a beast! Don’t be scared of all this hp on the dont wheels , it’s fine, runs fine, was made to run this way. The B48 engine was manufactured in the JCW restricting it’s true performance. Unhinge it. I am just saying if youre scared of a little torque steer then maybe you should take up knitting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am well on the way to having one of the most powerful F56 Cooper S' out there, im ahead of the R&D and getting the tuning right has been a very slow process. built engine, supertech forged pistons and rods, uprated big end and main bearings, pure turbos stage 2 hybrid turbo, milltek sports cat and full system exhaust, eventuri intake, ngk plugs, quaife diff, helix organic clutch kit, forge motorsport intercooler, forge hard pipes intake/boost, methanol injection controlled by JB4, JB4 EWG harness, Bilstein B14 pro coilovers, Forge adjustable rear camber arms, adjustable front top mounts, eibach front and rear sway bars, JCW big brake kit with Mintex racing pads. i think that's about it performance wise. The plan is to have the JB4 twinned with a back end flash. Hybrid turbo is rated to 400whp +, so looking at getting somewhere in the early 400bhp. Will probably need bigger brakes once its all done, but drivetrain can handle that power, with this set up the turbo doesn't spool up as quick so much less wheel spin.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts