Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You might remember my other post that my 56 is at the Body Shop because of the dust storm we had and they had to redo the hood and also fix the drivers side door because of dents etc etc. Well today was pick up day to get my Mini back. Just got a call from the Quality Inspector from the Penske Shop telling me that my car will not be released today and they need it for another week because it did not pass quality inspection. They have to redo some work because the color did not match.:( Well at least I know my 56 is in good hands with the shop and since I am not Mini less (driving the daughters R56 for the last month) I guess when I get the car back it will be like a Honey Moon all over again.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
You might remember my other post that my 56 is at the Body Shop because of the dust storm we had and they had to redo the hood and also fix the drivers side door because of dents etc etc. Well today was pick up day to get my Mini back. Just got a call from the Quality Inspector from the Penske Shop telling me that my car will not be released today and they need it for another week because it did not pass quality inspection. They have to redo some work because the color did not match.:( Well at least I know my 56 is in good hands with the shop and since I am not Mini less (driving the daughters R56 for the last month) I guess when I get the car back it will be like a Honey Moon all over again.
Oh no that's not what you want to hear is it! At least they're ensuring the quality is perfect for you, I'm sure when you get it back it'll be worth the wait.

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
763 Posts
Well that sucks, but at least Quality caught it and not you on your pick up inspection.

For sure it will be worth the wait but some of them rattles in the R56 drive me bonkers.>:D>:D>:D
I know what you mean. I drove the R50 for a bit yesterday, going from a 6 speed manual MCS to a 5 speed manual Cooper I need to learn to drive all over again. Clutch, breaks, steering all feel so different. Guaranteed I stall it at least once, that and I keep looking for 6th gear. Then there are the rattles, but still such a fun car to drive.

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Peter, kinda sorta been driving the R for the last 4 weeks if I will not get the F back by next Monday I might have to trade the F in for the R because I am right at the point if a fast talking salesperson tells me the R is the better Mini I might believe him/her despite the rattles and squeaks.:D:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts