Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
still think the 5 door is going to look awkward. Ah well, here are some new renders based on the spy shots we've seen..

and the spys

·
Registered
277 Posts
the 5 door model looks great, seems like there's a good amount of interior space. any idea what interior dimensions might be like?

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
I don't think it looks bad at all to be honest. Looks like with the extra doors there might be an improvement for extra cabin space, just a tad bit.

TylerD, just wondering how it looks awkward, please elaborate. I guess for some though it might take some time to get use to.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's like anything new and bold; the 'purists' will think it is something spawned from the devils rear, and take an instant dislike to it.
In my opinion, Mini have seemingly been listening to their customers needs and this 5 door version will appeal to those who previously discounted most mini models; due to space.

I think it looks great btw!

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
It's like anything new and bold; the 'purists' will think it is something spawned from the devils rear, and take an instant dislike to it.
In my opinion, Mini have seemingly been listening to their customers needs and this 5 door version will appeal to those who previously discounted most mini models; due to space.

That is the probably the best way to put it. the only way to step up is to make changes from consumer feedback if they follow through with it the only way is up. Just think about think about the ones that turned away before I think this will rekindle the fire in some ways.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

yes but not only does it look proportionally funny, but it now opens the MINI up to competition from elsewhere.MINI's aint so MINI, with the size growth also comes the price growth. They are quite far from the intentions of the company originally.

It has nothing to do with being a purist, I'm all for change but not when it alters the core of the companies ideologies

·
Registered
18 Posts
BMW have already opened up the Mini franchise/brand with the advent of the countryman and paceman; this new model is merely bridging the gap.

Growth of a car is inevitable what with EU safety laws and technology, just look at the beetle or fiesta or the 3 series (the list goes on). Since BMW own the brand the mini will always demand a higher price tag however I don't see how benefiting from BMW engineering is such a bad thing, especially with the new engine technology.

I found the car price competitive given the levels of kit as standard, and the engine specs/running costs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Oh and in terms of the companies intentions and the core of their ideologies, I imagine they are listed as follows;

1. Profit.
2. Profit.
3. Profit!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
All have the same intention, just with some models they don't. Some car makers lose thousands per model sold, sometimes it's worth it just to build a brand image.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well you don't sell cars without a brand, you don't have a brand without an ideology and you don't have people coming back without offering them brandvalue. Profit is important but profit stems from corporate culture. If the company is not healthy and not really connecting with its clientele how do you expect them to turn a profit?

Profit to a business is like breathing to you and I, we need it to live, but our core ideologies as people are not BREATHE, BREATHE, BREATHE. Breathing is simply the backdrop of everything we do...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts