Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Is there anyone here who has this combination?

Nav on 6.5" is £595 in the UK. I was wondering what it's like and more importantly if we can confirm that it sends directions to the HUD like Media XL Pack.

Cheers,
J

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying, very reassuring! There was no real reason why they would cripple the smaller screen so thank goodness they didn't...

·
Registered
998 Posts
i think the only difference with the smaller screen is that you will not get the split screen view option

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
i think the only difference with the smaller screen is that you will not get the split screen view option
The XL also adds a touchpad on the iDrive knob, a built in 20GB hard drive for music, and video support. I also like having the extra screen real estate to display more info at once. For example, when playing music, on the XL, I can see at once: the artist, album, song, song progress, and the album art. On the 6.5" Visual Boost screen, it will show the artist/album/song for a second, then only show the album art.

·
Registered
998 Posts
The XL also adds a touchpad on the iDrive knob, a built in 20GB hard drive for music, and video support. I also like having the extra screen real estate to display more info at once. For example, when playing music, on the XL, I can see at once: the artist, album, song, song progress, and the album art. On the 6.5" Visual Boost screen, it will show the artist/album/song for a second, then only show the album art.
Depends on the music data file as to what is displayed. Even on 6.5" it displays the art, song title and time elapsed/remaining as long as the data is there

·
Registered
111 Posts
The XL also adds...video support.
Apologies in advance for the semi-hijack but I couldn't find this in any of the manuals in the owners lounge. Is this video from a phone to the 8" screen (but not the 6.5" screen)? Or from the 20GB internal drive? Or a USB stick? Or all three?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've seen it from USB, bluetooth doesn't stream video but who knows about Mini Connected... HDD is for copying music afaik.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I found it very handy for showing dual nav views... long range and close in. And I'm utterly digging the hard drive. Sooo much room for activities

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all,

Buuut... £805 for an extra 2.3" inches though, I'll put that towards 4K TV tech!
Single map plus HUD directions will hopefully do it for me.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Depends on the music data file as to what is displayed. Even on 6.5" it displays the art, song title and time elapsed/remaining as long as the data is there
True, but not all at the same time. In my experience, it will show the song info with the progress bar, then the song info gets replaced with the artwork after a few seconds.

Apologies in advance for the semi-hijack but I couldn't find this in any of the manuals in the owners lounge. Is this video from a phone to the 8" screen (but not the 6.5" screen)? Or from the 20GB internal drive? Or a USB stick? Or all three?
Only video files off the USB. As far as I know, you can't transfer to the HD. Video will only play while the car is in park or while the handbrake is on. I've tested with a few movies on mine - got Guardians of the Galaxy to play, an episode of Top Gear...

Reactions: Tiger and ljmiii

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
For anyone that is interested, here is a photo of the 4-way knob for the navigation with normal visual boost 6.5". I think it may actually look bigger just because of the extra chrome ring around the edge... and a larger orange center. Otherwise it's pretty similar.

This is a little bigger than the 2-way knob you get without navigation, but smaller than the touchpad one that you get with Media XL.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We can enable CarPlay + Video In Motion + Android Screen Mirroring on all Mini with Touch Screen iDrive 5+ 6.

We have many satisfied/happy customers on the forums.

We aren't an eBay seller, we are professionals.

Check us out!

BimmerCarPlay.com
hi andi,
i have an f56 producted in 04/2016 with visual boost radio.
i have touch screen with android box (q-roi) connected to it so touch is functional.
i sent the VIN number and been told that i miss the navigation option so i cant have carplay unlocked.
can i have the carplay option in my OEM mini system (not the android) ?
can i replace it somehow to another OEM compatible system carplayable ?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi,

Is there anyone here who has this combination?

Nav on 6.5" is £595 in the UK. I was wondering what it's like and more importantly if we can confirm that it sends directions to the HUD like Media XL Pack.

Cheers,
J
According to the price list, and what I was told when ordering my LCI car, the basic Navigation/CarPlay is £900... where does £595 come from?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.