Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My UK F56 Cooper was updated to the new firmware by my dealer (so I have new Temperature & Green displays) to see if it would fix the issue where, when driving in Europe with KM/h set instead of MPH, the readout for the cruise-control stays stuck in MPH.

Unfortunately, this problem was not resolved by the update and I wondered, therefore, if a code setting exists somewhere which might be changed... does anybody know?

For F56 owners in KM/h markets, could someone switch their settings to MPH and see if your cruise-control readout stays in KM/h?

All responses will be appreciated.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked my f56 and like you cruise stayed in mph; will check our new f54 for you but i bet it'll be the same! Most odd.
Thanks... my dealer already checked that - your new car will be running the same firmware as mine. I'd really like someone from Ireland or mainland Europe with a KM/h car to see if they can the same issue (but the other way around).

·
Super Moderator
8,749 Posts
Yes we need them to look-come on Aarn munro-f54 driver in italy I think, -how about pm ing him and asking him-he may not have seen your thread?

·
Registered
406 Posts
US spec driver located in Italy.

I don't have the new update, but I will report back once I get it and will provide the info you are looking for.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I have the new software on my F54
In one hour I use the car.

If I have understood properly:
I turn in mph
I set a speed with the cruise control.
...the value is in....
Done...
Speed cannot be set in mph but distance can be set in miles.
Cruise speed, if locked, remains in kmh.

·
Super Moderator
8,749 Posts
Thanks Aarn, it therefore looks like some software coding in the car means cruise is always in 'the home units' whereas you can change the basics ! Very odd. Now the op needs a coder on the case who might see if this can be altered? Any clever bods out there willing to give it a go?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.