Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 1st stone I have heard hit it has cracked my windscreen, a nice 12" L shaped crack from the top next to the body to around the sensor.
My old R50 had windscreen that looked like it had been machine gunned and not cracks at all !!
So my insurance have told me I have to use Autoglass, when I booked it I told them about the Auto Lights/wipers but they did not seem concerned. So have any of you used Autoglass and what sort of job do they do, also do you have auto lights/wipers ?
One chip and a nice crack in the screen, lets hope this is not how things are going to be, otherwise I will be soon be broke.......... :(

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
If you get a chip near the edge it is likely to turn into a crack..

Not used Autoglass for a MINI but on another make they were fine, when I had to have a MINI one replaced it was Auto Windscreens, they fitted a Pilkington made screen who also make MINI's so all ok :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you get a chip near the edge it is likely to turn into a crack..

Not used Autoglass for a MINI but on another make they were fine, when I had to have a MINI one replaced it was Auto Windscreens, they fitted a Pilkington made screen who also make MINI's so all ok :)
Thats good to hear Davyboy, I was a bit worried incase my auto wipers/lights started to play up. I will let you know how I get on next Tuesday !!

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Baddog, dont feel bad I am on my 4th windshield in 15 month it seems too me that the city is doing less and less sweeping the streets/highways here in Phoenix to make matters worse 2 month ago I had my hood and bumper resprayed and it already looks like it never was done.:(

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Baddog, dont feel bad I am on my 4th windshield in 15 month it seems too me that the city is doing less and less sweeping the streets/highways here in Phoenix to make matters worse 2 month ago I had my hood and bumper resprayed and it already looks like it never was done.:(
I have a bit of catching up to do then .......:D

·
Registered
320 Posts
Sh1t happens, dont worry about it, Autoglass are fine used them loads, probably had 6 or 7 screens over the last 10 years (not on Mini's but Audi's and other stuff with auto wipers and lights).

I had a puncture 1 week in, thought my world had ended for 24hrs :(

Reactions: Baddog
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.