Mini Cooper Forum banner

Which colour?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

My wifes had a couple of r56 mini coopers (1.6 and now 1.6d) and we're about to upgrade her to a new f56 sd. Initially, we were both so keen on VO, but... now... we're having second thoughts.

We're both a bit indecisive on this one, so would appreciate your input. What colour should we choose?

· Registered
1,654 Posts
Sorry Steve .... but everyone on here will be completely biased to what they've ordered/got! You'll find a majority have the VO though :)
My second choice would have been White Silver though ... it looks fantastic in the sunshine!

Reactions: F56-S FNQAus

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry Steve .... but everyone on here will be completely biased to what they've ordered/got! You'll find a majority have the VO though :)
My second choice would have been White Silver though ... it looks fantastic in the sunshine!
I'm hoping for that ;)

Seen deep blue, vo, blazing red, the met black and thunder grey in person... the brg isnt really an option for me.

VO and TG have my affections mostly...

· Registered
1,654 Posts
I found TG was a bit bland, a bit like a chalky, dirty blackboard (but that's my opinion), I think if it had been metallic I would have preferred it.

I won't try to sway your decision but......

· Registered
87 Posts
Thunder Grey in particular seems to be a chameleon colour that is affected by the environment (geographical and weather) more than say Orange. If you look at some of the various photos here you would be hard-pushed to know the colour was Grey if you hadn't been told. I don't mean that as a bad thing!

· Registered
441 Posts
It's been a while since they did a yellow mini, which is why I went for VO, to show off the latest attire.

PS I know VO is technically orange but to me it's more of a cadmium yellow - especially given what I am part exing for it!

· Registered
81 Posts
I like unusual colour cars. Nothing like looking for a black car in a car park to drive you nuts. I'm in team VO. I had a silver car once and said never again. I was nearly wiped out on the motorway several times. I like to be seen!

· Registered
30 Posts
I found TG was a bit bland, a bit like a chalky, dirty blackboard (but that's my opinion), I think if it had been metallic I would have preferred it.

I won't try to sway your decision but......
I loved the GP in Thunder Grey but when I saw the F56 it didn't move me - perhaps I loved all the stripes etc. on the original. Also I found you can't take a colour that worked on an earlier model and find it works on the new one
At least that's what I think...

· Registered
46 Posts
My first choice was Thunder Grey, but bottled out - as Donna said, in earlier post, it looked too flat in some pics. Eventually ordered Midnight a Black, but it could easily have been Blazing Red, or Pepper White! You're really confused now, aren't you?! :)

· Registered
1,654 Posts
I just wish Pepper white had been 'proper' white, or even pearlescent.....and I would've preferred Chilli red and (is it) electric blue. I would've had electric blue in a heartbeat, sadly not available now. The Paceman has a nice blue still.

· Premium Member
584 Posts
Mrs W only ever wanted a black MINI, so the choice was easy for us. Having said that if it was my car I would have probably gone for the VO with black roof and bonnet stripes. :eek::D

· Registered
30 Posts
I just wish Pepper white had been 'proper' white, or even pearlescent.....and I would've preferred Chilli red and (is it) electric blue. I would've had electric blue in a heartbeat, sadly not available now. The Paceman has a nice blue still.
I was told Chilli Red would be available to order but not until late this year or early next

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.