Mini Cooper Forum banner

Which colour?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

My wifes had a couple of r56 mini coopers (1.6 and now 1.6d) and we're about to upgrade her to a new f56 sd. Initially, we were both so keen on VO, but... now... we're having second thoughts.

We're both a bit indecisive on this one, so would appreciate your input. What colour should we choose?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Sorry Steve .... but everyone on here will be completely biased to what they've ordered/got! You'll find a majority have the VO though :)
My second choice would have been White Silver though ... it looks fantastic in the sunshine!

Reactions: F56-S FNQAus

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry Steve .... but everyone on here will be completely biased to what they've ordered/got! You'll find a majority have the VO though :)
My second choice would have been White Silver though ... it looks fantastic in the sunshine!
I'm hoping for that ;)

Seen deep blue, vo, blazing red, the met black and thunder grey in person... the brg isnt really an option for me.

VO and TG have my affections mostly...

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I found TG was a bit bland, a bit like a chalky, dirty blackboard (but that's my opinion), I think if it had been metallic I would have preferred it.

I won't try to sway your decision but......

Reactions: pjsjr13 and AnneP

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thunder Grey in particular seems to be a chameleon colour that is affected by the environment (geographical and weather) more than say Orange. If you look at some of the various photos here you would be hard-pushed to know the colour was Grey if you hadn't been told. I don't mean that as a bad thing!

·
Registered
441 Posts
It's been a while since they did a yellow mini, which is why I went for VO, to show off the latest attire.

PS I know VO is technically orange but to me it's more of a cadmium yellow - especially given what I am part exing for it!

·
Registered
998 Posts
Electric blue would have got my vote, another chameleon colour that has to be seen in the metal.

Best advice is to go with your heart, don't worry about future value or others opinions

·
Registered
81 Posts
I like unusual colour cars. Nothing like looking for a black car in a car park to drive you nuts. I'm in team VO. I had a silver car once and said never again. I was nearly wiped out on the motorway several times. I like to be seen!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I found TG was a bit bland, a bit like a chalky, dirty blackboard (but that's my opinion), I think if it had been metallic I would have preferred it.

I won't try to sway your decision but......
I loved the GP in Thunder Grey but when I saw the F56 it didn't move me - perhaps I loved all the stripes etc. on the original. Also I found you can't take a colour that worked on an earlier model and find it works on the new one
At least that's what I think...

·
Registered
46 Posts
My first choice was Thunder Grey, but bottled out - as Donna said, in earlier post, it looked too flat in some pics. Eventually ordered Midnight a Black, but it could easily have been Blazing Red, or Pepper White! You're really confused now, aren't you?! :)

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I just wish Pepper white had been 'proper' white, or even pearlescent.....and I would've preferred Chilli red and (is it) electric blue. I would've had electric blue in a heartbeat, sadly not available now. The Paceman has a nice blue still.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Mrs W only ever wanted a black MINI, so the choice was easy for us. Having said that if it was my car I would have probably gone for the VO with black roof and bonnet stripes. :eek::D

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just wish Pepper white had been 'proper' white, or even pearlescent.....and I would've preferred Chilli red and (is it) electric blue. I would've had electric blue in a heartbeat, sadly not available now. The Paceman has a nice blue still.
I was told Chilli Red would be available to order but not until late this year or early next

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.