Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally picked my VO One D today! Been like a kid in a sweetshop! Had a good old drive around with the missus today!

One thing seems that my power socket isn't working well - it may be my phone charger but it's not showing a charge when it was in my old car? Will check another charger tomorrow but anyone found this? Don't really want to use the USB port as I want to Bluetooth audio!

Very disappointed with the lack of mini connected options! Seems pointless without an iPhone and when plugged into the USB it doesn't seem to want to let me stream Bluetooth audio! They need to up their Android game! Also don't think you can connect mini connected via Bluetooth on Android!

But honestly what a wicked drive!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Finally picked my VO One D today! Been like a kid in a sweetshop! Had a good old drive around with the missus today!

One thing seems that my power socket isn't working well - it may be my phone charger but it's not showing a charge when it was in my old car? Will check another charger tomorrow but anyone found this? Don't really want to use the USB port as I want to Bluetooth audio!

Very disappointed with the lack of mini connected options! Seems pointless without an iPhone and when plugged into the USB it doesn't seem to want to let me stream Bluetooth audio! They need to up their Android game! Also don't think you can connect mini connected via Bluetooth on Android!

But honestly what a wicked drive!

Yay! Apart from those connectivity issues, I hope you're really happy with it! Look forward to maybe seeing some photos soon? Would love to see a Mini One! :D

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Congrats. Maybe it's time for us Android users to contact Mini in great numbers to get the app updated..

·
Registered
179 Posts
HI BM (and all).

Firstly I agree with you.
First impressions is that my Cooper S is indeed a delight to drive.
The whole car seems much more refined (as has been said many times), engine wants to pull well with plenty of smooth power, however just taking things easy for the moment.

The steering seems very precise and accurate and the JCW steering wheel which is ace, with good comfortable feel.

The ride is tons better than my old Cooper, I have the 17" Tentacle spoke wheels and non-runflats. Yes the car still rocks and pitches over the bumps, but certainly not a bone shaker.

The car feels a lot bigger inside, and I feel cosseted and comfortable. It just feels like a quality vehicle.

Sat nav seems very good, and central display seems intuitive to use, although still playing and finding out more subtle tweaks.

I have loaded my music onto the internal hard drive after a couple of attempts. You need to open iTunes on your PC or Mac, and highlight the music in the library, and then copy to a USB stick. You then import via the USB slot and the media menu on the central display. It took a few minutes to load all the music (which I think was around 16GB), but the menu when playing is pretty good. The sound from the Harman Kardon system is really good!
I have also been watching movies via the usb stick. The movies need to be in MP4 format though, so you may need to convert before loading on to the USB drive etc.

I have the LED light package which is really very nice indeed and sets the car off.

Will take some pics today (due to the fact it was raining yesterday :(), I have already had lots of comments from the neighbours! Lots of leg pulling, but they have all stated that the car looks very nice etc. I just countered back by asking them not to take the p*** out of me when I clean it at the weekend!

Thunder Grey with black roof mirror caps and stripes, give me a wave if you see me around town!
More pics to follow.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really think us androiders do! In all honesty you can't even do things like the driving games like minimalism! Android is the world's most popular os so it annoys me when companies don't support both in equal ways

·
Registered
441 Posts
In fairness, you can't get SMS notifications etc with the iPhone like you can with some of the androids. So you androideers do get some bragging rights!

·
Registered
998 Posts
In fairness, you can't get SMS notifications etc with the iPhone like you can with some of the androids. So you androideers do get some bragging rights!
actually you can get SMS notifications, & read them on the car display screen with the 5S/ iOS7, i have them set up on mine. You just need to have the iphone set up correctly to have SMS notifications on the lock screen

·
Registered
167 Posts
actually you can get SMS notifications, & read them on the car display screen with the 5S/ iOS7, i have them set up on mine. You just need to have the iphone set up correctly to have SMS notifications on the lock screen
Me too. You find them in 'Office' on the car menu, once set up correctly.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Oh right, when I go in there it just says no messages. I did change the settings to alerts too.

I'll try again and be a bit more scientific

·
Registered
998 Posts
mine works with these phone settings:
- notification centre
- messages alert style 'alerts'
- show in notification centre set to on
- show on lock screen set to on (i think its this one thats important)

·
Registered
998 Posts
i know i was still on an Android HTC OneX when i first got the car & text messaging worked fine with whatever standard settings i had on that phone. it was about the only useful function that did work with the car's OS which is why i made the switch to iPhone

1 - 19 of 19 Posts