Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you contacted the Dealer in Newport Beach or Canada?

here is the list for worldwide dealers hope that helps.

http://www.ac-schnitzer.de/en/bmw-cars/service/dealer/dealer-worldwide/
Well, that shoots that in the ass! Contacted ACS US about shipping. Even though I'd be ordering it through their office in California I would have to pay shipping from Germany. Estimated $100 shipping. I asked if they might be stocking the part locally any time in the future and got an unequivocal "NO". To tell the truth the guy didn't sound like he was that interested in my business anyway.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Well that just sucks but honestly $ 100.00 is not bad at all shipping it from Germany. I just shipped a Michelin Bib to Sweden and it cost $ 94.00 from PHX and that package was only about 2 pounds in weight. :(

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Sounds like time for a Group Buy on that splitter! :). Deal directly with ACS Germany & tell them about the US Distributor guy's bad attitude!

Reactions: Evlkarl and KYDan

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My gripe is... if they have offices in the USA why should I have to pay the price to ship from Germany? If this is the case, what's the advantage of having a US office? When I buy a part from Mini that has to come from Germany I don't pay for shipping from Germany.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
My gripe is... if they have offices in the USA why should I have to pay the price to ship from Germany? If this is the case, what's the advantage of having a US office? When I buy a part from Mini that has to come from Germany I don't pay for shipping from Germany.
Here's a thought....do you have a good relationship with your local BMW Dealer Parts Dept? ACS is an authorized parts supplier for BMW, so maybe they could order the splitter for you. Might be worth checking out!

Reactions: pjsjr13 and Evlkarl
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.