Mini Cooper Forum banner
181 - 195 of 195 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
My wife has just purchased a September 2020 Mini Cooper 3 door Hatch Exclusive fully loaded (we don't take delivery until next week). It has the 6.5" Touchscreen with Navigation and the I-Drive system near the handbrake, and (as I understand it Apple car play). My question is is it Wireless Carplay out of the box on this year car or does it need to be coded in (or is it a hardware change) ?

Images of the unit is below (I took some photos whilst on the test drive)

· Registered
361 Posts
My wife has just purchased a September 2020 Mini Cooper 3 door Hatch Exclusive fully loaded (we don't take delivery until next week). It has the 6.5" Touchscreen with Navigation and the I-Drive system near the handbrake, and (as I understand it Apple car play). My question is is it Wireless Carplay out of the box on this year car or does it need to be coded in (or is it a hardware change) ?

It has to be coded. PM sent

· Registered
538 Posts

If the car has CarPlay from the factory (or if it was added any way other than using an MMI), it is wireless. No coding would be required to make factory CarPlay wireless.

181 - 195 of 195 Posts