Mini Cooper Forum banner
121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, got a 2016 F56 Cooper S, running NBTevo_E. Looking for the easiest/cheapest way to get Apple CarPlay? I have the pro nav, non touch. Thanks

EDIT: sorted by bimmer-remote.com. Great service, got full ID6 and split carplay now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello @ndal2 and @sb2002 !

I just bought a 2018 Mini Clubman S Hot Chili. I've been reading in the forum that you guys are the experts that could help me activating CarPlay in my car.

I will really apreciate for your help. Thank you so much for your time!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hello @ndal2 and @sb2002 !

I just bought a 2018 Mini Clubman S Hot Chili. I've been reading in the forum that you guys are the experts that could help me activating CarPlay in my car.

I will really apreciate for your help. Thank you so much for your time!!
Hey
PM sent

·
Registered
2014 MCS Thunder Gray Hatch
63 Posts
Good morning everyone. Seems most are inquiring about newer cars. What about my 2014 MCS, 6.5" screen with nav, non touch. I am not sure which headunit. VIN shows nav (6UM) and sat radio (655). Android auto/carplay would be ideal but I am also wanting to upgrade to the 8.8" screen. Would it make more sense to do a full retrofit? Thanks!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Good morning everyone. Seems most are inquiring about newer cars. What about my 2014 MCS, 6.5" screen with nav, non touch. I am not sure which headunit. VIN shows nav (6UM) and sat radio (655). Android auto/carplay would be ideal but I am also wanting to upgrade to the 8.8" screen. Would it make more sense to do a full retrofit? Thanks!
Hi - it really all depends on your goals. A retrofit that will natively support an 8.8” touchscreen, the latest Mini Interface, CarPlay and GPS is the best (and most factory like) solution in my opinion, but it gets quite expensive. Note that as of today, Android Auto is not supported by Mini, so if that’s important to you, you should look into an MMI (multimedia interface). In this case, an MMI and a non-touch 8.8” screen might be the solution that makes the most sense for you.

·
Registered
2014 MCS Thunder Gray Hatch
63 Posts
Hi - it really all depends on your goals. A retrofit that will natively support an 8.8” touchscreen, the latest Mini Interface, CarPlay and GPS is the best (and most factory like) solution in my opinion, but it gets quite expensive. Note that as of today, Android Auto is not supported by Mini, so if that’s important to you, you should look into an MMI (multimedia interface). In this case, an MMI and a non-touch 8.8” screen might be the solution that makes the most sense for you.
Thanks for the info sb. I was not aware Mini didn't support android auto. Not a huge deal killer, I mostly want to stream music from Pandora on my phone to the car. I am surprised that can't be done with my current Bluetooth connection. At the same time I would like to upgrade to the 8.8" screen. What recommendations would you have to achieve the larger screen. Is that a full retrofit, headunit and screen? I know they are ridiculously expensive from what I've seen online.

121 - 133 of 133 Posts