Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who have 541 ACC, I've been able to code full Stop n Go cruise control. You'll be able to have your car completely stop and start again without using the gas and brake. Perfect for when you're in traffic.

F56 series is the only series that uses solely the KAFAS camera to do ACC while the rest of the BMWs use an additional radar system in front.

I've verified this today and it does work. I also have an extra Retrofit set for active cruise control (541) for anyone who's coming from regular cruise control (cruise control with automatic braking, option 544). I retrofitted 541 for my car came with 544 also.

Please PM me for coding details if you have 541 already for stop and go function

·
Registered
35 Posts
For those who have 541 ACC, I've been able to code full Stop n Go cruise control. You'll be able to have your car completely stop and start again without using the gas and brake. Perfect for when you're in traffic.

F56 series is the only series that uses solely the KAFAS camera to do ACC while the rest of the BMWs use an additional radar system in front.

I've verified this today and it does work. I also have an extra Retrofit set for active cruise control (541) for anyone who's coming from regular cruise control (cruise control with automatic braking, option 544). I retrofitted 541 for my car came with 544 also.

Please PM me for coding details if you have 541 already for stop and go function
Hi i have Cruise control 544 and was wondering if you could PM me what is required to retrofit 541 onto my cooper?

thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi i have Cruise control 544 and was wondering if you could PM me what is required to retrofit 541 onto my cooper?

thanks
Pm me. Need e-sys and enet cable

·
Registered
2020 Mini Cooper SE
26 Posts
I've ordered a Mini Cooper SE, they only have the option of 544 Cruise Control. Is it likely to be able to apply the changes to 541 and Stop&Go?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have not tried it again, the main reason is SAFETY. It is disabled for a reason! On bmw’s next to the camera the car has a sonar/radar in the front grill to detect objects. I think it is fundamental for the stop&go to work properly. Think of heavy rain, where the visibility of the camera is compromised, it can make mistakes for sure... even if you enable it, i suggest you keep a good eye on the car in front of you and your feed on the break all the time.

·
Registered
2020 Mini Cooper SE
26 Posts
It's a paid option on the F56 in Ireland, which uses the same camera hardware without a radar sensor.
I'm more focussed on the Adaptive part, than the stop and go.

It's disabled for economic reasons, but is unfortunately not an option on the Copper SE.

·
Registered
1 Posts
@liamog same situation. Looking at the electric cooper s and would like to enable adaptive cruise in ireland, seems to have all the sensors
did you get it enabled?

·
Registered
191 Posts
The countryman which has the same camera based system does have acc with stop and go from factory (if you order with acc). So it has nothing to do with safety if you ask me.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

·
Registered
374 Posts
To activate full stop and go active cruise control you'll need e-sys pro to edit the cafd files for the SAS and DSC modules.

DSC2:
C_Funktion_AccStopAndGo_aktiv_I - aktiv

SAS
:
LDM_Fahrfunktion - ACC_SnG

*SAS: optional for automatic start after full stop:
LDM_Automatisches_Losfahren - automatisches Losfahren

PM me if you have any questions.a
Why is the last fdl optional? What does it do?

·
Registered
F57 Sidewalk Edition Cooper S
46 Posts
I just have to receive a Sidewalk Cabrio with 544 option from factory in a few days and I am interested on this retrofit but I am a bit confused as with 541 steerling wheel have 2 extra buttoms to controlate the distance from next car,

If retrofit is only codification, how can you adjust the distance?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I code it to have a fixed distance. There are 4 levels or distances outlined in the coding. Mine is set defaulted to the closest following distance with the car in front of me.
You can also buy just the button parts on ebay. I've seen them but very rare.

Prerequisites for 541 are kafas camera (LCI Builds have this standard), SAS optional module, and wiring between SAS, BDC, and KAFAS and of course coding.

The last coding is optional and I believe it refers to the MSA function in your car where the engine will shutoff to conserve petrol. As long as you don't have the auto start stop switch off of course. I personally have coded my car never to execute this function so it's not relevant in my case.

Also I've verified that stop and go works even in sports and manual sports mode (shifter to the side)

When you come to a complete stop the system will be ready to resume unless you're at a stop for longer than about 5 seconds where the system will time out. If you want to resume however, you can simply press the resume button on your standard cruise control cluster to the left hand side of your steering wheel.

This is a little trick I've learned. Also I am in the final testing stages of traffic jam assist with stop and go where the car will steer for you up to 35 kmh in traffic. No
Technology Electronic device Electronics Gadget

Reactions: CmdrBond

·
Registered
2020 Mini Cooper SE
26 Posts
@liamog same situation. Looking at the electric cooper s and would like to enable adaptive cruise in ireland, seems to have all the sensors
did you get it enabled?
Only just seen this, I stopped looking into it as some people were very dismissive of the idea on Facebook, something to do with the algorithms being impossible. I'll let somebody braver than I be the guinea pig :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
I code it to have a fixed distance. There are 4 levels or distances outlined in the coding. Mine is set defaulted to the closest following distance with the car in front of me.
You can also buy just the button parts on ebay. I've seen them but very rare.

Prerequisites for 541 are kafas camera (LCI Builds have this standard), SAS optional module, and wiring between SAS, BDC, and KAFAS and of course coding.

The last coding is optional and I believe it refers to the MSA function in your car where the engine will shutoff to conserve petrol. As long as you don't have the auto start stop switch off of course. I personally have coded my car never to execute this function so it's not relevant in my case.

Also I've verified that stop and go works even in sports and manual sports mode (shifter to the side)

When you come to a complete stop the system will be ready to resume unless you're at a stop for longer than about 5 seconds where the system will time out. If you want to resume however, you can simply press the resume button on your standard cruise control cluster to the left hand side of your steering wheel.

This is a little trick I've learned. Also I am in the final testing stages of traffic jam assist with stop and go where the car will steer for you up to 35 kmh in traffic. No View attachment 70691

EDIT: i should have read your msg better, it is just what you wrote haha

There is also a “mod” which enables the car to drive itself, so steer itself on lower speeds, it requires an electrical mon in the steering wheel. I read it somewhere, cant seem to find the topic anymore. Like in traffic jams the car drives, steers all byitself. Someone tried the mod on his mini f54 and it worked. Only there was no “logo” icon showing that the function was on. Maybe it is present on the new virtual kombi...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi sorry I have an F60 with kafas and 544 cruise control. I don't have sas module. Can I code the acc with stop and go function?

·
Registered
2015 Cooper SD
1 Posts
Hello, i have a 2015 f56 with camera based acc, I´m not sure if its 544 or 541, and if its possible to code this option.
Thank you.

Pd: I´m new here and PM´s don´t seem to work for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was searching around the internet about retrofitting the ACC to an F56 mini which has S544 as delivers option. I finally found your discussion in the MiniF56.com community about it.

Do I get it correct:
The ACC can be coded, if S544 is already installed? I assume, that at least a different steering wheel is needed to have the control buttons, right? Or is any other hardware needed to make this work?

Background of my question:
After 8 month of wait, our electric mini was delivered but the ordered ACC wasn't installed! I would like to know, if the dealer can retrofit it as I've not finally decided to take the car or not.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts