Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Test drove a dealer demo F56 JCW which is 3 months old today, WOW!

Dealer tells me the car has active adaptive dampers but the MINI dealers website spec info does NOT state these dampers fitted.

Questions:
If I drove the car again how can I check and tell/find out?

Lots of reviews state this option is one to have, is this true?

Advice very much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Well they are not adaptive for starters they are firm or softer , just open bonnet and look at top of struts should be cover and wires coming from top , also on poor road switch between sport and mid mode you will soon know.
It makes a big difference and a must for daily driver IMHO

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi derek929,
Many thanks for the info and handy hyperlink to pictures, very much appreciated.
Steve

·
Super Moderator
1,206 Posts
The other option is to open the settings menu and select drivechain. You should see the option in there...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update!
The dealership demo JCW did not have the variable dampers fitted so decided not to pursue this option.

However.....
Sat down with my favoured salesman (James) today and pulled the trigger on a new F56 JCW in Midnight Black.
Fully specced came out at £31k......
After lots of jostling and sharp intakes of breath with me eventually getting up to leave the dealership they threw the kitchen sink at me and sat me back down with a final offer...
Total discount for signing on the dotted line today £3k...

Apparently sales of JCW's are slower than BMW anticipated and dealers have extra money to discount these models.
Couple this with tough sales targets and as I write its the 25th of the month and my dealership is getting nervous (their words).

This could of course all be "sales talk" but after reflecting at home with my trusty calculator in hand I have indeed nailed a huge discount.
I do not consider myself to be a tough negotiator so I can only put his down to me being in the right place at the right time.

Delivery expected end of October.

Oh nearly forgot, specced the variable dampers as recommended by so many of you with JCW's.
Best wishes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts