Mini Cooper Forum banner

141 - 160 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've tried to code my r60 countryman s to sport mode in bimmercode, but there is no Front Electronic Module or Body Domain Control on it. I don't seem to get the driving modes anywhere else too... Can somebody help me with this ?
Greatly appreciated !

·
Registered
2020 Moonwalk Grey LCI F56 S (Salt) (Current) / 2006 Pure Silver R53 (Hot Chili) (Former)
38 Posts
I've tried to code my r60 countryman s to sport mode in bimmercode, but there is no Front Electronic Module or Body Domain Control on it. I don't seem to get the driving modes anywhere else too... Can somebody help me with this ?
Greatly appreciated !
Have you paid for the full Bimmercode Version? What modules are available?

·
Registered
2020 Moonwalk Grey LCI F56 S (Salt) (Current) / 2006 Pure Silver R53 (Hot Chili) (Former)
38 Posts
Yes I have purchased the full version. These are the available ecu’s
Is your adapter Bluetooth or WiFi? Try disabling every cellular connection and/or Wi-Fi/CarPlay, also try with the vehicle with the ignition on, without the engine running. Also, what model year is your Countryman?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is your adapter Bluetooth or WiFi? Try disabling every cellular connection and/or Wi-Fi/CarPlay, also try with the vehicle with the ignition on, without the engine running. Also, what model year is your Countryman?
It is the bluetooth adapter. Tried it with airplane mode on, ignition on and engine not running, just like you said. Tried it on my girlfriend’s ‘17 Cooper and even found it there. My r60 s is from 2014. Normally it should be possible right ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
It is the bluetooth adapter. Tried it with airplane mode on, ignition on and engine not running, just like you said. Tried it on my girlfriend’s ‘17 Cooper and even found it there. My r60 s is from 2014. Normally it should be possible right ?
It should definitely be possible, with either the Body Control Module or the Front Electronic Module being displayed depending on the model year/firmware.

·
Registered
5 Posts
None of both are being displayed. I'm really lost as to what to do now. It surely can't be that it's not possible on a freakin' S model right ?

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
None of both are being displayed. I'm really lost as to what to do now. It surely can't be that it's not possible on a freakin' S model right ?
Have you tried looking for the 3221 PfFesMaster option in any of the modules you do have? If not, I'd suggest trying with Bimmercode support itself directly.

IMG_3473.PNG

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nothing to be found. Sent bimmercode support a message. Does anyone have experience with coding it via NCS Expert ? Are the available modules there different from bimmercode sometimes ? I mean even non-s coopers and one's way older than my countryman s have been coded to sport so it HAS to be possible right ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mini's before 2017/06 will have driving modes on the gear selector ring.

Only Cooper S and JCW models will pop and bang. It also needs to be at the optimal temperature. Once the temperature gauge hits the middle and says OK it will pop and bang.

It's possible to add driving modes/sport on other models they just won't have the pop on overrun. I coded sport mode on my wife's mini one and just has the stiffer handling and increased throttle response.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
So on my basic (not S type) f56 with no option to select driving modes (not on the screen or buttons or ring) it is also possible to code the sports mode as a basic setting? Can i ad it to the big screen of my navigation as options anyhow? Or to my board computer?

I have bimmercode but am a newbee on the MINI have mine about a week.

·
Registered
49 Posts
So on my basic (not S type) f56 with no option to select driving modes (not on the screen or buttons or ring) it is also possible to code the sports mode as a basic setting? Can i ad it to the big screen of my navigation as options anyhow? Or to my board computer?

I have bimmercode but am a newbee on the MINI have mine about a week.
If you don’t install the driving mode selector you can’t switch trought the modes. The only thing you can do is code one mode with BimmerCode but che car remain in the selected mode and you can’t change if you don’t use the app. I can tell you that retrofit the switch is really simple i’ve done this work on my pre-LCI One f56

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you don’t install the driving mode selector you can’t switch trought the modes. The only thing you can do is code one mode with BimmerCode but che car remain in the selected mode and you can’t change if you don’t use the app. I can tell you that retrofit the switch is really simple i’ve done this work on my pre-LCI One f56

Do you have a tutorial on the whole process? And what i should need?
For the record my car does not have the 04VA on board, but i can build it in?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Do you have a tutorial on the whole process? And what i should need?
For the record my car does not have the 04VA on board, but i can build it in?
Try to Google “Sport mode BimmerCode F56”.. if you need more help PM me.
If you don’t want to fit the switch is useless to VO code 4VA

·
Registered
4 Posts
Try to Google “Sport mode BimmerCode F56”.. if you need more help PM me.
If you don’t want to fit the switch is useless to VO code 4VA
I found the switch on eBay but do i need the switch on the control panel or the ring on the shifter?
My vin is 2A30161 for a Cooper business 2014

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys, so if you install the switch panel what then are the instructions? Seen those on here without installing the switch but the a lot of ‘PM me’ etc. Would be really useful to have it in this thread for ease of use.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi guys, so if you install the switch panel what then are the instructions? Seen those on here without installing the switch but the a lot of ‘PM me’ etc. Would be really useful to have it in this thread for ease of use.
I don't take any responsibility for any damage, I'm not a mechanic. Before proceeding, check the connections on Newtis again.

If yours is a Mini pre-LCI so you have to fit the ring on the base of gear shift. To do the the job you need:
  • Driving Mode Ring
  • 3 normal power wires not much thick
  • 5 faston (you have 2 option or buy the original (61131383776) or try to search someone that can fit)
  • 1 connector (same idea that i wrote on top you can buy the ori 61132359994 - it contains 10 faston - or you can find one that fit)
  • Thermal sheath
  • ENET cable and Esys for code (4VA VO code)
Wirings are :
  • Pin 1 switch --> pin 41 A258*2B BDC (is a + that go on with headlights)
  • Pin 2 switch --> pin 32 A258*6B BDC (negative wire)
  • Pin 3 switch --> pin 28 A258*6B BDC (T_Sport connector)
If you have a post LCI mini you have to fit the button on the centre vertical consolle for the wiring visit Newtis

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you! Much appreciated. Mine is a 2017 pre LCI car so frankly I’m thinking it may now be easier to simply place the car in sport mode constantly via BimmerCode.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thank you! Much appreciated. Mine is a 2017 pre LCI car so frankly I’m thinking it may now be easier to simply place the car in sport mode constantly via BimmerCode.
Sure but please note that the steering will be harder and the gas pedal will be more sensible so you probably will have a major fuel consumption.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have decided that this is to hard for me to do, so i'm not going to try it myself. Maybe in the future when the guaranty ends, just got 2 years of guaranty free.

141 - 160 of 196 Posts