Mini Cooper Forum banner

Add/retrofit sport button...

126K views 302 replies 56 participants last post by  Carl76 
#1 ·
Hi All,
I got a countryman f60 1.5t 2018 without driving mode(sport/green bottom)
I brought the switch panel already.
Am I just swap the switch panel and all set or need to set software by e-sys as well?
Thanks a lot~

#2 ·
I'm certain it's more complicated than that and to change the software I think must be incredibly hard.

Bare in mind that doing this will invalidate any warranty on the car

If you have only got the car isn't there some cooling off period where you can change your mind... take it back and get one with driving modes on!

#6 ·
#9 ·
CODIFICATION AND FINAL TEST

Once the last plastic panel has been rearranged, the driving modes are coded.

To this end, a new code must be inserted in the FA folder, ie the 4VA code that corresponds to the Mini Driving Modes option.

Once this is done, proceed with the coding of the BDC module and the final test!

#12 ·
I've retrofitted driving modes myself twice..

Once when it was the ring around the gear stick and recently when it moved to the old HUD display button on the Centre console.

It's actually fairly simple to do.. you'll need 2 or 3 wires, the new driving mode ring or switch and e-sys.

All in total it took me about 1-2 hours of work (Most of the effort was trying to get the trim off without snapping anything).

Oh and it also only cost me £30 for the driving mode ring off ebay and £60 for the new Centre Console panel/buttons - Much cheaper than getting it factory fitted :)

#20 ·
So i had a brainwave today (only one) the switch, is just a fancy looking generic switch? So surely if i put the correct wires in place then coded to start in sports mode all would be good?
Or even just use any old switch to select the mode and then code it.
Sounds logical to me!
What do you guys think?

#21 ·
I don't think that would work. I believe the console has some logic to control the signal. The DTC and driving modes both share the same pin.

I think it's on the BDC A258*7 pin 18? It's a black and white wire. I'm not at home so this is just off my head.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

#33 ·
#45 ·
Hey guys,

sorry been really busy!

If you just want to activate green, mid or sport you can do that with Bimmercode itself, so that it starts on that mode each time. I initially had it with sport mode on but I've got the JCW tuning kit with pro exhaust and the pops and bangs got annoying after a while. It takes a good 10-15 mins each time to change them over - Not the end of the world, but I really wanted the switch so it could change whilst driving.

If you want help with just Bimmercode to get the different modes let me know and I'll help you with that.

If you want the toggle switch to change between all three modes (Since you've got the console) you'll need to use e-sys to activate the option 4VA. This is only possible with esys because it's a VO code.

#46 ·
Welcome back Ehjack!!

There are 2 of us who have ordered the centre console. I have fitted mine but not coded yet.

It there any other wires I need to run or is it just plug in and code?

I have an obd ethernet cable, but need e-sys program, how do I get it? And how do I do i activate the option 4VA

#47 ·
Hi Jnotton,

For the console you won't need any additional wiring. The driving modes switch uses the same wire/pin as the DTC/Traction control switch.

You'll need an ODB ethernet cable connected to your laptop and the ODB port located on the drivers side near the door hinge (Should be a flap that can be opened).

I've written a guide for the E-SYS on how to add the 4VA. I'll PM you the PDF.