Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

I have a question, i done alot off driving modes at nearly all models. But, this time i got my self a strange problem.
I added the driving modes on at F54 clubman from 2018. It has the Entrynav2 (new visual appearance) and the sports button near the start button.

Because it's a LCI i downloaded the latest PSDZ files "Light" because for this full isn't needed. Then i coded the 4VA and coded the BDC and the HU.
Now comes the problem. The sports option is working, the light ring around the HU does light up in the color of the mode that is selected. The KOMBI show's the Sport, Mid and green option. But, the visual effect in the HU doesn't appear on the screen it self. I checked if i needed to FDL code some stuff but that wasn't the case.

I hope that some one could help me out.

Kind regards,
Bas

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think that the following Ecus should be VO coded:
  • BDC
  • IHKA
  • NBT
  • KOMBI
  • DSC

Please check some items on HU

HU_NBT
HU_NBT > APIX_CID 3005 > ZIN_VARIANT = radio_zin
HU_NBT > EXBOX 3001 > CONDITION_CHECK = aktiv
HU_NBT > EXBOX 3001 > FAHRSTILANALYSE = aktiv
HU_NBT > EXBOX 3001 > FDS_POPUP_DEACTIVATE = aktiv
HU_NBT > EXBOX 3001 > MACRO_FDS = only_popup
HU_NBT > HMI 3000 > ECO_MODE = aktiv
HU_NBT > HMI 3000 > EFF_DYN_SPORT_CID = aktiv
HU_NBT > SYSTEM_EINSTELLUNGEN 3004 > ASD = ls_diag_on [Default]

·
Registered
347 Posts
... But, the visual effect in the HU doesn't appear on the screen it self. I checked if i needed to FDL code some stuff but that wasn't the case.
It is an option in the user profile settings whether this is displayed or not (the go-cart image etc. on screen.) I'm sure you've checked, but sometimes we miss the obvious!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that the following Ecus should be VO coded:
  • BDC
  • IHKA
  • NBT
  • KOMBI
  • DSC

Please check some items on HU

HU_NBT
HU_NBT > APIX_CID 3005 > ZIN_VARIANT = radio_zin
HU_NBT > EXBOX 3001 > CONDITION_CHECK = aktiv
HU_NBT > EXBOX 3001 > FAHRSTILANALYSE = aktiv
HU_NBT > EXBOX 3001 > FDS_POPUP_DEACTIVATE = aktiv
HU_NBT > EXBOX 3001 > MACRO_FDS = only_popup
HU_NBT > HMI 3000 > ECO_MODE = aktiv
HU_NBT > HMI 3000 > EFF_DYN_SPORT_CID = aktiv
HU_NBT > SYSTEM_EINSTELLUNGEN 3004 > ASD = ls_diag_on [Default]
Well I don’t think all those need to be VO coded.
I done a ton of cars with this upgrade. I know for a older HU type you need to select the HU and press code so the visuals show.
Main part is coding the BDC and HU maybe the IHKA for the aircon. But never the KOMBi and DSC, that sounds weird and i never had to do that why should it be done on this 2018 model?

I mean all things work, KOMBI shows LED ring shows and the modes work.
Just the visual part of the “go-kart” and green mode “fish” doesn’t.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is an option in the user profile settings whether this is displayed or not (the go-cart image etc. on screen.) I'm sure you've checked, but sometimes we miss the obvious!
Is this option on every model? Because call me stupid but I havnt found it on my HU_NBT (2014 model) this is the Enteynav2 with the new interface id6 I gues.
I’ll ask the person to check his system iff there is something to switch on
Do you know where to look?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Is this option on every model? Because call me stupid but I havnt found it on my HU_NBT (2014 model) this is the Enteynav2 with the new interface id6 I gues.
I’ll ask the person to check his system iff there is something to switch on
Do you know where to look?
Yes, got to Settings/Control Display. The option to change is called 'Driving mode information'. It controls whether the mode image is shown on screen when to change modes. In my photo here mine is turned off:

Here's a thought - I wonder if it is one of those options that doesn't appear until it's enabled with coding? A bit like the 'audible confirmation' when locking?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, got to Settings/Control Display. The option to change is called 'Driving mode information'. It controls whether the mode image is shown on screen when to change modes. In my photo here mine is turned off:

View attachment 71696

Here's a thought - I wonder if it is one of those options that doesn't appear until it's enabled with coding? A bit like the 'audible confirmation' when locking?
Well I found it on my car, didn’t know that option would turn off the visual aspect off the driving modes.
But the person with the entrynav2 hasn’t got that option. He went to the same place but there is no option there.
I checked some FDL codes when I build in the LCI sport button but could not find any code that I needed to alter.

picture off the entrynav2

·
Registered
347 Posts
Well I found it on my car, didn’t know that option would turn off the visual aspect off the driving modes.
But the person with the entrynav2 hasn’t got that option. He went to the same place but there is no option there.
I wouldn't know the codes if it can even be coded in.

I notice he has a screensaver setting instead which I don't have 🤣

1 - 8 of 8 Posts